Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO as First Car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo_il8
any other opinions?
how old is your brother?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluebanana23
The evo was my first car and I had to learn how to drive on it. No probs so far and I haven't got into any trouble. It all depends on the maturity level of the individual. If I could do it all over again I would pick a civic because of the endless modding and gas mileage of the 4g63.

were you serious?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

I say it depends on how responsible a driver he is, and how good a driver he is. A lot of people here say its a bad temptation, and maybe it is, but if he is a responsible guy he should be able to handle it. I know a lot of guys who own sports cars act like jackasses.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

i guess i can consider my 04 evo as my first car because i only had the 04 ralliart for about 6 months til i got the evo. I already paid off 10 grand for my evo and I only got it back in August 04. I race here and there and keep my car in good shape still, I never launch or drop the clutch like crazy. If you really want it, most likely you will work your *** off for it like I did with the payments, maintenance, and everything else that goes with it 8- )
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh, I would say learn how to drive a manual before hand, because this transmission is very unforgiving then other cars.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes I was being serious. I never thought this car would bring so much attention, negative and pos. Now I just want something low maintainence.
Originally Posted by urbnprsutvhicle
were you serious?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

o.k. good points
Old Dec 29, 2004, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Thats a judgement call. I learned stick on my car. I never launched it. I never grinded a gear. My car just passed 18,000 miles. No problems. Just cold mornings take the car some warming up before it is good to go.

I never got into an accident, so it really depends on how you practice, where you practice and your mentality. Do not say dont get it, just because thats your statement. You have to have an open mind and understand not everyone is you and not everyone thinks like you.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

If you have an evo the temptation to drive fast or careless is going to be much greater. It does not matter how responsible you are, When four high school kids get in a car the maturity level drops about 400 times.
pros-
nice car

cons-
not a low maintenance car
lots of attention from haters and popo
too much power to start off with
not the easiest car to learn with

Whatever you do where your seatbelt, I worked a fatality a month ago where 2 teens in a suped up pick-up where driving like young people do and wrecked. Driver had seatbelt on and lived, passenger did not have seatbelt and died.

When you see stuff like that it changes your perspective. A wreck at 50mph can kill you, just think what a high powered car in irresponsible hands can do. Not that he would be, but all's it takes is once.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

I think if your brother caen afford the car for himself than he should get it. Id be carful though people tend to do rash things out of jealousy. Seeing a kid in a $30K car will trigger bad impulses.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey guys, i was considering getting an evo for first car in about 6 months. im going to turn 16 in may. I have been driving since i was 13, and i mean on the streets. I love cars and treat them like they are my babies. I drive my moms car (92 mitsu galant). I do the oil changes and i just recently put a new exhaust on it and fixed the brakes and radiator. I am NEVER GOING TO STREET RACE! I am going to take it on private course and take racing driving lessons. Do you guys think i should get the evo or no??
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Hey guys, i was considering getting an evo for first car in about 6 months. im going to turn 16 in may. I have been driving since i was 13, and i mean on the streets. I love cars and treat them like they are my babies. I drive my moms car (92 mitsu galant). I do the oil changes and i just recently put a new exhaust on it and fixed the brakes and radiator. I am NEVER GOING TO STREET RACE! I am going to take it on private course and take racing driving lessons. Do you guys think i should get the evo or no??

Thats good to hear that you are going to race on the private courses, however its scary you have been driving since you were 13.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thats true. Not a strong sign of responsability.

Last edited by EvoVIII25; Dec 29, 2004 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

chances are, he will wreck it the first 2 weeks he drives it...

also, chances are heightened that he will kill others as well as himself being in an evo..

i'm 20 right now and have owned 4 cars before my evo... i have track experience (both drag and road course) and there is no way i was ready to drive an evo as a first car....

i started off in a 00 civic hb dx auto and worked my way up...
Old Dec 29, 2004, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sano
Thats good to hear that you are going to race on the private courses, however its scary you have been driving since you were 13.
whats wrong with that my Grandfather taught me how to drive stick when i was 12....

Quick Reply: EVO as First Car