Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO as First Car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Good, at least some of our youth aren't simply horny, retarded apes.
I try.

But in all seriousness Ronti, I am not quite sure if you are ready for a car like an Evolution. I can only say I felt like I could handle the car with some skill after a year and a half of weekend autocrosses (and hopefully a high-performance driving school followed by some track days before I hit college, depending on how much $$$ I have).

Hey, maybe I'm wrong and maybe you can handle the car. But please, think about what you are doing and what you really want. The only reason I thought I could handle an Evo was because I have some background in racing (it helps), but it still took practice and lots of seat-time (at a legal and safe place, of course ).

Last edited by ezhangin; Mar 14, 2005 at 08:02 PM. Reason: TERRIBLE grammar and mechanics
Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

If I could do it all over again, and had the chance to own a EVO VIII as my first car. I would have been jumping up and down with joy. Would it have gotten me in trouble? probally, but thats life and you have to deal with your choices. If he were to wreck it, so be it. It wont be the first Evo SMASHED up and it wont be the last. Just think of this, what if everyone had a EVO would there be a lot a accidents by everyone, or just young males.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

This is seriously like sexist but vs young people.
Do you think I disagree with what ANY of you guys have said. Anybody whos bashing youngsters, do you think i disagree?
If it came out like that, I'm sorry but it shouldnt have. But the point I was making was, Its just the point when the person realizes things, and it happens to be more atleast in my area are starting to, not all teens are rambling ****ing rabbits with a rabbits brain aswell.
The average teen should be shot on site for how pathetic they are. But the point I was making for this person who started the thread was, if he IS mature, and ISNT a rambling idiot then its fine. Now, when you guys are saying nobody at 16 can drive an EVO cuz they are to unskilled, I agree that 16 yearolds cant but it's OVBIOUSLY been proven that no other age can either, so many morons burn their clutches in less then 3k miles. I bet more then 80 percent were over 19.
Teens are usually morons, but to just generalize like everyone is, its bull****. I'm not a stupid kid, and yes I am only 16. (To answer your question)
So instead of generalizing which personally shows just as much immaturity as making a bad decision in a car, dont say all, say generally, or normally, or something. Because I'm on this forum a lot and I do read a bunch of bull**** that is basically being said at people like me.
Btw to the one poster about spolied kids. I work, and I make 600 a week. I'm going to be buying my EVO myself, and paying for 80 percent of my insurance.
So if my parents give me 100 dollars a month, if that for insurance. Am i spoiled too?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

I hate threads like these.

Let me sum it up for all the people who have work to do and can't afford to read these threads.

If you want this car, I already don't feel safe with the thought of you owning one.

I make 600 a week
Where the hell do you work, I know some immigrants that would love jobs that pay that much.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronitlancer
I work, and I make 600 a week. I'm going to be buying my EVO myself, and paying for 80 percent of my insurance.
Jeesus, where do you work at to earn that kind of pay when you are only 16 years old? I made minimum wage when I was your age. (which incidentally wasn't too long ago )
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ronitlancer
This is seriously like sexist but vs young people.
Do you think I disagree with what ANY of you guys have said. Anybody whos bashing youngsters, do you think i disagree?
If it came out like that, I'm sorry but it shouldnt have. But the point I was making was, Its just the point when the person realizes things, and it happens to be more atleast in my area are starting to, not all teens are rambling ****ing rabbits with a rabbits brain aswell.
The average teen should be shot on site for how pathetic they are. But the point I was making for this person who started the thread was, if he IS mature, and ISNT a rambling idiot then its fine. Now, when you guys are saying nobody at 16 can drive an EVO cuz they are to unskilled, I agree that 16 yearolds cant but it's OVBIOUSLY been proven that no other age can either, so many morons burn their clutches in less then 3k miles. I bet more then 80 percent were over 19.
Teens are usually morons, but to just generalize like everyone is, its bull****. I'm not a stupid kid, and yes I am only 16. (To answer your question)
So instead of generalizing which personally shows just as much immaturity as making a bad decision in a car, dont say all, say generally, or normally, or something. Because I'm on this forum a lot and I do read a bunch of bull**** that is basically being said at people like me.
Btw to the one poster about spolied kids. I work, and I make 600 a week. I'm going to be buying my EVO myself, and paying for 80 percent of my insurance.
So if my parents give me 100 dollars a month, if that for insurance. Am i spoiled too?
you are 16. you are stupid. everyone is stupid at that age. can someone please lock this thread
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Its not bullsh!t, its statistics and experience. Its not prejudice when its right, it'd be like a feminist calling it sexist to say that women have vaginas and men have penises, its a simple fact of life. Sure there are "mature" teens, but its not hard for a normally mature teen to instantly become a serious danger on the road. When you think with your *****, like all teen males do, the idea of getting some shuts down your brain, we have a ***** and brain, but only enough blood to operate one at a time. I'm 19, so its not like I'm some old geezer telling you stay off my lawn, I'm talking from experience. I'm sure all the younger kids will say "oh I'm mature, just cause you did stupid things, blah, blah, blah" but there's a reason you don't vote, and there's a reason you can't buy liquor.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Simply ask the parents of teenagers, and I'm sure they will tell you that a 275 HP car in the hands of someone who barely hit puberty is a bad idea. And no, you cannot ask your parents, everyone likes to believe their kid is different, they can even hold this belief when their kid is brought back in a body bag, or in some cases, like with motorcycles, two bags.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

IMO its too much of a car for a 1st timer
stick to a honda anything
then upgrade from there to maybe something more sportier then get the Evo
evo is my 4th car
I could of gotten the STi back in 2003 when it came out but I felt I wasnt ready for it since I had the racing bug
I had a prelude and learned how to do everything on that and the car held up fine...didnt have to replace anything
and the car handled great
now Im onto an Evo and I cant wait to take it to the race track
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:22 PM

I think that would be bad first car. Too powerful and most people don't take care of their first car. I think for a first car it should be something older and something to get use to driving before they get a nice car.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

As stated before some track time and driving lessons will help. Hell I'm 28 and I sometimes feel like the EVO is too much. I wont lie I need some driving lessons. I have also banged up my car to the tune of about $15,000 in parts and labor. Like I said earlier live and learn.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Its not bullsh!t, its statistics and experience. Its not prejudice when its right, it'd be like a feminist calling it sexist to say that women have vaginas and men have penises, its a simple fact of life. Sure there are "mature" teens, but its not hard for a normally mature teen to instantly become a serious danger on the road. When you think with your *****, like all teen males do, the idea of getting some shuts down your brain, we have a ***** and brain, but only enough blood to operate one at a time. I'm 19, so its not like I'm some old geezer telling you stay off my lawn, I'm talking from experience. I'm sure all the younger kids will say "oh I'm mature, just cause you did stupid things, blah, blah, blah" but there's a reason you don't vote, and there's a reason you can't buy liquor.
There are teens that arent stupid. I'm tired of generalities. Even if 99 percent of people my age are stupid, or not ready for an EVO, or blah blah. There are so many of us that still a good million are ready. And most likely the morons that arent ready, wouldnt be on this site, or any site trying to find out whats good, whats not, spending hours at home reading about engines and how to maintaine them, also scheudling performance driving lessons, etc.
Look almost every 16 yearold is immature, stupid, "horney", and immature once again.
But the point im making is some arent.
I'm working through my second year of college already. With Dual-Enrollment at a local college.
By the way to everyone who was wondering where I work, I work at a frame shop(I actually do the framing)
For some odd reason framing is very expensive. So framers average from 20-30 an hour.
I get 18 right now.
But I just broke my hand playing football so im only doing small jobs for 7 an hour at the moment.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

K, do you think we weren't told the same things when we were young? We too were told "your too young and too immature" and like you we said "well I'm not like everyone else", here's the thing, we are, its biology, if you have *********, your going to do stupid things. How can you work through college if you don't have your diploma, I don't know how it works down there, but generally you have to have passed high school to go on, if you have, good job, but having brains doesn't automatically mean your mature, biology is still there holding the strings.

Last edited by ambystom01; Mar 14, 2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

He said dual enrollment...What college is it?

You're probably more ready for the car than anyone on here is.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

I'm Dual Enrolled at SPC. It used to be a junior college, but now its a full college.

Quick Reply: EVO as First Car