Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO as First Car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyways Amby, no point to argue, I have nothing angainst you.
I just have a different opinion then you. I argue enough on my normal day, I like my EVO talk to be friendly
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by ronitlancer
I'm Dual Enrolled at SPC. It used to be a junior college, but now its a full college.
What does this actually mean, have you passed high school? Up here, you have to have a high school diploma to move on, well, at least to actually do a full course load at a university or college.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

16yr old +(x) +evo + insurance = pie hole raped+(accident)

let x equals number of friends
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

then the equation should be + the inverse of (x)... the less friends he has, the more he'll want to show off... and an Evo doesn't get many girls, S2ks and other roadsters do that
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
What does this actually mean, have you passed high school? Up here, you have to have a high school diploma to move on, well, at least to actually do a full course load at a university or college.
It's fairly new, It's the same law here though im pretty sure. But there is a program that u setup with a college, which is called Dual-Enrollment. You are enrolled to both schools at once. You take an entry exam, and a placement exam, then you are limited by your scores to what classes you can take.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Ah k, so basically your taking some college courses so when you get there you have a leg up? Sounds like some of the courses they offer in high school here.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Ah k, so basically your taking some college courses so when you get there you have a leg up? Sounds like some of the courses they offer in high school here.

Not really, the classes I take are with actual College Students.
I am in college classes like if I were in college, but if lets say you only get a 85 or 90 percent on your placement, you can only take certain and simple subjects, but if you ace it you would be able to get right into whatever field you wanted, weather it was Biology, Computer science, chemistry, etc etc
I mean it all varys with what the school lets you do, and the more of a non ordinary or simple thing your trying to get into the more other classes you have to take. Like for Comp science they would enforce you to take math and english, probably normal science aswell.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:37 PM

i bought mine when i was 16 did just fine with it, tearin up the streets of palatine lol
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_il8
I'm trying to convince my bro that an evo is way to powerful of a car for a first car. What are the pros and cons? And is it a good first car for him?
Pros-Death

Cons-Death

Good First Cars:
Lancer(ES/LS/RalliArt)
Sentra(1.8/2.5/SE-R/Spec V)
Mazda 3
Integra
Civic
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

I remember working in a Chevy dealer part time while I was in grad school. Once in a while you'd see some kids come in with their parents to buy a Camaro or even a Vette. It was hysterical. The sales guys would treat them with such respect in the showroom, then they'd come in the back and laugh their asses off.and say things like " did you see this dork?". It was pretty funny at times. As much as I liked cars in my teens, even then I knew that a kid driving a car like an EVO is not only dangerous, but people would be laughing at me since there is no way I could afford it without mommy and daddy.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Well yes maybe older people will make fun, but we all know the little rich boys who roll down to the beach in thier parents badass cars get more *** then any decent car payed by a hard working kid.

like 90 percent of the 16-25 yearold girls are gold diggers up the butt, they dont give a **** how small your winky is or how ugly your face is, as long as you got something that THEY can show off, they dont give a **** about you.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

What is wrong with parens buying a car for their son or daughter? I think a lot of you are jealous.

Quick and painless death isn't so bad though... I would worry more about more long term damage, stuff like paralysis or becoming comatose.

Last edited by mike69; Mar 15, 2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

People get mad at whatever they didnt have, or whatever they can't. If mommy bought anyone in here an Evo, even if your 30. You would take it because u want it and u wouldnt care how you got it.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

I only think that the EVO would be a bad 1st car if he is immature. If he is going to get in it and drive like an ***, its definitely not good or, if he doesnt know how to drive stick well (which he shouldnt since hes beginner).

My first was a 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, bone stock. I had it until I was about 20. I think that was a really good car to start. A 15.0 car is quick for first car. I learned it step by step. By the time it was a low 12-second car I REALLY knew how to drive it.

Now my EVO is a little slow compared to my Talon but not for long!

Thing thats are great about the EVO as a first car is it's superior braking and handling which can SAVE someone from messing up.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What teenage boy have you ever met who was "MATURE." That's idiotic.

Quick Reply: EVO as First Car