Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

EVO as First Car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard EVO
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What teenage boy have you ever met who was "MATURE." That's idiotic.
Umm... plenty. I know plenty of kids that are responsbile mature kids. I wasnt, personally but a couple of my friends were and they had their heads on straight. My best friend had a Supra TT for his first car, he took care of it, didnt drive it like an ***. So i think your pretty idiotic for assuming.

Also, when I said mature, (pretty objective classification), I mean for his age. There can be a mature 16-17 year old you know. Some are WAY worse than others.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Mar 15, 2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

I know A LOT of Evo drivers who are in or near their 30s and are less mature than Jr High kids I know...
Old Mar 15, 2005, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I know A LOT of Evo drivers who are in or near their 30s and are less mature than Jr High kids I know...
Agreed
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:39 PM

geeze dude, some people need to calm down, doesnt matter how mature you are, everyone has a kid in us driving an Evo around, yea i was lucky to get one at 16, just gotta have respect for it, glad i did, helped me become an experianced racer, i mean driver, alot faster
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to say this guys but Im prolly the reason 18-25 insurance rates are high for males (not bragging either)

I drive fast ( only 2 speeding tickets since age 16 now 20, both werent in the EVO) and I drive like an *** hole . You know that guy that rides your *** while your doing the speed limit and then speeds around when a lane is available ? thats my dumb ***

sorry
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

I got an Evo for my first car... And I admit I barely know shiit about cars but I'm trying to "learn" as you can see, if you read the forums you might happen to see all my threads with nub questions...

...but hey, at least I admit I don't know too much about cars...and im not going around acting like an e-thug who knows his shiit

and,.. it being my first car, i think im "mature" enough not to show boat with my car and do anything stupid because,....I baby the hell out of my car...

Last edited by binsquared; Mar 15, 2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down

a good 1st car is in the realm of a driver's experience. the evo's are my 3rd car & i have almost killed myself & several other people. i have over 15 years driving experience & can tell you that no one can avoid the inevitable.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

I would hesitate to recommend the Evo as a 1st car for anyone. I drove a Civic LX as my first car. Just got my Evo about 3 months ago, being only my second car (6 years later - I'm 22), and it's a lot to handle. Granted, I have a pretty decent driving record, by I swear my brother and every single one of his friends who got an even halfway-decent first car ended up totaling it. (WRX, Integra GSR, BMWs...) It was scary to see what they did to their cars, even though they thought they were driving safe. It's probably a bit different since I'm a girl, and we don't have the whole "macho testosterone-driven" thing going on haha but I'm glad I had a Civic as my first car. Something nice and tame to learn on.

Oh and by the way, my parents might make a decent living, but there's no way in hell they would have ever bought me a 30K car for my 1st car. As for making $600 a week, I'm not so sure about that...
Old Mar 16, 2005, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

evo as first car lol
its either the evo is gonna be mess up or both
Old Mar 16, 2005, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

^^ hah well, having an Evo as your first car is one helluva privelage! I guess if your parents (or you, in those rare instances) can afford a car like that as a first car, then you can afford to pay high insurance/hospital bills/etc... hahaha
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Its amazing to see how quickly people judge, the kind of accident someone like me would get into, would make no difference if I was in a GEO or an EVO. Some people get an Evo becuase they like the car for what it is, not so they can speed all over town like a jackass.
If I really wanted to show off a car, I'd get a car that everyone actually knows about, almost none of my friends or people I ask have ever heard of an Evo, they think im talking about a plane.
If you want respect for your car, youd only get it from other car fanatics.
So if someone is just showing off, they normally wouldnt get an Evo.
Especially when makign your car even look nice is so expensive on this damn car.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

And if the car fanatics were respecting you, they are respecting your ENGINE, not the fact that your speeding all over town, so either way if someone is looking for respect, they shouldnt be speeding anyways.
But there are some stupid kids who are buying an Evo for that reason, but thats their problem and they will be ****ed in life.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

"Oh and by the way, my parents might make a decent living, but there's no way in hell they would have ever bought me a 30K car for my 1st car. As for making $600 a week, I'm not so sure about that..."

The voice of reason. Cracks me up when you hear somebody who knows nothing about me making statements like, "you're just jealous". My father was a top attorney with GE and made a great living. By the time I was 30 I had a significant portfolio. Money is not issue. As I said, friends in high school or college would have looked down on me if I'd let mommy buy me an expensive car like that. I just wouldn't do it. Maybe things have changed, but when I see a kid who is obviously to young to be driving an expensive car. I laugh. It's unfortunate that great cars like the EVO and the STI have been tainted by the "mommy factor".
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by propellerhead
Hmmm, dunno. There's always a good market for good, low mileage parts. You can usually come out ahead if you buy back your car from the insurance company as a total wreck and part it out.
I with you! We can always use the parts after he totals his Evo. It's not a question of if, but when.

If Ihad an Evo for my first car I woulda had so many tickets. Age, and experience grants wisdom. Use wisdom to keep from speeding (much) or to at least know where to speed and where not to!

Last edited by jk_addict; Mar 16, 2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:08 PM

There's nothing more embarrasing than to own a really nice ride but don't quite know how to drive it yet......

Quick Reply: EVO as First Car