Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

eibach spring questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Eibach's and I can fit 1 finger(1/2 inch) between fenderwell and tire on the back, 2 fingers(1 inch) gap between well and tire on the front
Old Feb 27, 2003, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

damn so many decisions, tein springs, eibach or progress. ive heard alot of problems with progress like grinding and all this stuff. i havent heard anything about the tein. i know eibach has a good rep so i was leaning towards them. any help?
Old Feb 27, 2003, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

How about looking at it this way, can anyone give me a good reason not to go with Eibach?
Old Feb 27, 2003, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Nope, love mine, even with stock struts....
Old Aug 21, 2003, 10:58 PM

Thumbs down

I have had some Issues with my Eibachs. I just installed them about 2 weeks ago and have been spending all of my free time since then in the shop trying to fix them. The problem has been all of the noise in the front end. I called Eibach tech support and spoke with Blane, he asked about all of the usual stuff: are they in right side up, did you leave a 1/4'' gap on the bottom perch, did you tighten all of the nuts and bolts, are the drainage holes lined up? Thanks to this site I already knew to look at all of those possibilities. I pulled them out and re-installed them a few times to try and fix the problem, but with no luck. After having me take some measurements and confirm the part numbers Eibach sent me some spring wrap (coil spring noise issolator) (rubber tube). That took over a week to finaly show up at my door. For what ever reason my passenger side front was making the most noise so I used all of the spring wrap on that coil to see if it would work. It did lesson the amout of noise coming from that side, but if didn't fix the problem %100. It is still making a little noise over some bumps occasionaly. Granted if you turned up the stereo or had the blower on high you wouldn't hear it, but still, how getto is that. I told blane what the deal was and he said I could send the springs out to him (I pay Shipping $) to be tested. It seems to me that lots of people are having these problems with lowering springs on there lancers, so I am sure no defect will show up that sets my springs apart from others. I told him that at this point I would rather put my stock springs back in. Eibach will not take the springs back, I asked "so the only way I can recover any of my monitary loss on these springs is to sell them on ebay?" and he said "yeah I quess you could do that". Way to stand behind your product Eibach. So I called the large mail order tire place that I bought the springs from and they said there was nothing they could do. After having purchase many Eibach products in the past and recomending them to friends I am very dissapointed with Eibach and can't ever see myself buying another one of there products. My advice would be to either save for coil-overs or just leave the stock springs.

Last edited by njvtec; Aug 22, 2003 at 12:43 PM.