Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking to buy a new Evo VIII, are dealerships discounting them?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Mathgeek, I thought we concluded beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did not get anything close to a good deal. You can NEVER claim to get "invoice" on a car when your deal included a trade-in and heinous financing...
You may have concluded it, but I didn't. My Eclipse trade-in value (Edmunds.com - outstanding condition) was $11,500 because of the high mileage. They gave me $13,000 for it. The dealership made theri holdback plus a little on the financing. I don't think they're going to get much more for my Eclipse than they gave me. Interest rates have gone up lately. 6.49% for 7 years is pretty damn good. They went through a credit union. All of the folks who flaunted their 4.9% rates in front of me did not take the fact that it's hard to get that any more. I know I got a great deal.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
You may have concluded it, but I didn't. My Eclipse trade-in value (Edmunds.com - outstanding condition) was $11,500 because of the high mileage. They gave me $13,000 for it. The dealership made theri holdback plus a little on the financing. I don't think they're going to get much more for my Eclipse than they gave me. Interest rates have gone up lately. 6.49% for 7 years is pretty damn good. They went through a credit union. All of the folks who flaunted their 4.9% rates in front of me did not take the fact that it's hard to get that any more. I know I got a great deal.
The mere fact you did it for 7 years is atrocious. Add on the fact that the rate was 6.49, and you have a dealership licking their chops all the way to the bank. My rate was 3.99% in October of last year, so even if rates did go up, I wouldn't accept 6.49%. That's even higher than my house loan...
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

The problem is his 84 month term.

I just checked my local Federal Credit Union and they don't even offer an auto loan (or equivalent) over 7 years. For a 72 month auto loan their rate is 5.49%, and that is a very competitive rate.

Given the length of his loan I figure he did OK.....whether it was a sane decision is a totally different matter.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
exciting news:I
got a smoking deal on my MR. I was in the market for a GSR but the offer the dealer made on the GG beauty was too good to pass up. They just don't seem to be moving here in Baltimore. Sure, I had to play hardball, but I LOVE to negotiate. It's just too damn fun...
how much did u get urs for? i just want to feel bad coz i kinda wanted a GG MR but the Eblue was my dream car so i got it w/ SSL $34K OTD DEc 04
Old Jul 11, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The mere fact you did it for 7 years is atrocious. Add on the fact that the rate was 6.49, and you have a dealership licking their chops all the way to the bank. My rate was 3.99% in October of last year, so even if rates did go up, I wouldn't accept 6.49%. That's even higher than my house loan...
yes that is also higher then what i pay for my loan on my house
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k.lowe
yes that is also higher then what i pay for my loan on my house
Got 'em again. Ownage.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled

y'all need to find a better credit union lol mine offers 3.9 for 72 months...but the fact that you went 72 months was a bad idea to begin with. the longest you should go on a car loan is 54-60 months...and just to let you know, rates didn't go up, the finance manager just made 3 points on you for 72 months hahaha dont you know that they can mark up the intrest rate on a new car up to 3 points as long as it's under 18% total? and on used cars there is no limit unless the bank stips you. so you may have actually gotten a 4% rate (i dunno what your credit looks like), but if you have good credit (700+) and you got a 6.49% rate, they marked it up on you. and on 72 months, that's alot of money for the finance department and the sales person.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

no need to rub it in when someone gets shafted by a dealership. i dont even like to look at these threads, im afraid im going to see someone getting them below invoice.

for the guy who started this thread: call as many dealers as you can, dont pay more than invoice, get your own fianancing. for 300 bucks you can fly anywhere, and for a few tanks of gas you can drive a little ways.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:20 PM

mine was invoice $28928.07+200-500(loyalty) then just add TTL at South Coast Mitsu
Old Jul 12, 2005, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

I went to Tulsa OK.... i'm from arkansas.... they had 5 evo's in the lot.... picked up a brand new evo for 27.7 with only 166 miles on it.... the dealership here in arkansas had one for 31K..... it was well worth the 2 hr drive.... go to a dealership that has a couple evo's sitting around.... might get a better deal
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:04 PM

I have a 2003 for sale if you want to save some money its been to the track one time. Its got 40k mostly hwy miles badck and forth to work and has a few mods incl. full 3" exhaust w/manifold,bigger o2 housing,test pipe,cat delete,and cat back, also intake greddy type s bov,turbo timer,eyebrows,system w/ one 12" sub and tein springs with an alignment after the springs settled for 24,900 its like new in and out
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

dont count on it i have been looking for an 05 on carmax.com and even cars.com i havent found any for less than 25k
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dansevo
I have a 2003 for sale if you want to save some money its been to the track one time. Its got 40k mostly hwy miles badck and forth to work and has a few mods incl. full 3" exhaust w/manifold,bigger o2 housing,test pipe,cat delete,and cat back, also intake greddy type s bov,turbo timer,eyebrows,system w/ one 12" sub and tein springs with an alignment after the springs settled for 24,900 its like new in and out
Sorry, I'm looking for a new car, plus I already have a type s bov, ebc, turbo timer and a system ready to put in from my dsm.

24.9k tho? My local dealership offered me a brand new '03 last march (of '04) for 27k + change plus he threw in free winter tires.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:31 PM

I'm from Central California and I did alot of looking on the internet, by phone, and publications for the best deal on a new evo. I couldn't find anyone willing to budge on the MSRP on the new VIII's, and most tried to negotiate from the markup. But that is in California, there is a strong demand for the car here. I did end up getting an 05 WW gsr for 30899 out the door. It took me months of going to different dealerships to finally get the deal I wanted. You just have to be stubborn.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Just found a dealership that has 10 on the lot. They advertising it for 500 dollars over invoice. I'm gonna go see if I can talk them down some more.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new Evo VIII, are dealerships discounting them?