Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Looking to buy a new Evo VIII, are dealerships discounting them?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy a new Evo VIII, are dealerships discounting them?

Has anyone purchased an evo recently? Theres a few Evo VIIIs still around and I was wondering if it was possible to get one under invoice in lue of the new evo IXs coming out.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

I had a dealership on ebay offer to sell a new 2004 (!) for $28,600 with the SSL package.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any of the dealerships around me are not discounting them because they cant even keep them on the lots. But that is just in my local area, im sure there are some dealerships that have a couple sitting on their lots and want to get rid of them before the 06 comes out..
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

good luck. Here they are all 5 or 6 over MSRP. So many people are buying them. The noob's that want them dont even know what the IX is. I paid 27 for an 03 wit 17k on it. So dont count on it.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Man...I should have bought an 03 last year...There was a dealership around here offering me one for invoice plus he threw in free winter tires. Why did Mitsu jack up the MSRP on these cars? HIDs + sunroof used to be standard.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

The accessories have nothing to do with it. Its supply and demand. There arent a lot and people want them. They will IMHO continue to rise in prise as time goes on. There may be slight changes here and there but we will have collectors cars before you know it. Hell we already do really
Old Jul 11, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

I got mine at invoice from HB Mitsubishi (with SSL). They also gave me a very good price on my trade-in ('03 Eclipse with 66,000 miles). The finance manager there said that they sell more Evos than any other car, which was surprising. I did most of the negotiating over the internet, thereby circumventing all of that PITA face-to-face B.S.. So yeah, you can get a good deal on one if you look around. I had to drive a few hundred miles to go get it, but they were great to work with.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mathgeek
I got mine at invoice from HB Mitsubishi (with SSL). They also gave me a very good price on my trade-in ('03 Eclipse with 66,000 miles). The finance manager there said that they sell more Evos than any other car, which was surprising. I did most of the negotiating over the internet, thereby circumventing all of that PITA face-to-face B.S.. So yeah, you can get a good deal on one if you look around. I had to drive a few hundred miles to go get it, but they were great to work with.
Mathgeek, I thought we concluded beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did not get anything close to a good deal. You can NEVER claim to get "invoice" on a car when your deal included a trade-in and heinous financing...
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

yes...especially if a dealer has more than one
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

I got my 04 for way under invoice in Feb 05... I'm sure they'll do similar deals when the IX comes out. Probably not yet though.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Mathgeek, I thought we concluded beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did not get anything close to a good deal. You can NEVER claim to get "invoice" on a car when your deal included a trade-in and heinous financing...
Owned.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:36 PM

Wow mitsu is really gay. They have been price jacking.

03 new 5 miles 27.6k In SC. I guess its all about the time.

If you wait til sept or oct that might help.

Good luck.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

I got a smoking deal on my MR. I was in the market for a GSR but the offer the dealer made on the GG beauty was too good to pass up. They just don't seem to be moving here in Baltimore. Sure, I had to play hardball, but I LOVE to negotiate. It's just too damn fun...
Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Exciting News
I got a smoking deal on my MR. I was in the market for a GSR but the offer the dealer made on the GG beauty was too good to pass up. They just don't seem to be moving here in Baltimore. Sure, I had to play hardball, but I LOVE to negotiate. It's just too damn fun...
What was your smokin deal if you don't mind me askin...I don't want to spend more than 30k otd...any less than that is even better
Old Jul 11, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

05 evo

I payed 30978.63 out the door in az

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a new Evo VIII, are dealerships discounting them?