Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Best BOV, FOrge, MR, APS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the APS BOV. Out of the box it worked great. It will only partially VTA under heavy acceleration. You can here the whoosh of air in the car but from the outside its really not that loud.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Oh BTW i run my boost at 20-22psi daily and it seems to hold the boost fine. Not sure what the max boost on it is tho.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one your pic for you name she is hot anyhow. is that the JDM MR BOV and if not or if so. does it leack at all?

Originally Posted by midwestmonster
My MR BOV holds 25 psi no problem
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aps.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Forge.
Evolving Member

I have the turbo xs h-34 bov. It needed to be adjusted once and once only, it holds 26 psi like a champ!!
Evolving Member

alot of u are mentioning the aps and the mr...jus curious is the Greddy bov's not a good investment or is it mostly and opinion....like he said mine is gonna be a daily driver im not building a faster or race car by no means..jus wanting to do a couple simple mods....i dont plan on changing the psi or prolly not even the ecu or anything like that..still a good idea for a bov....
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:13 PM

I have the Forge and have had it on my car since May 2003, soft spring in with no problems!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike1023
one your pic for you name she is hot anyhow. is that the JDM MR BOV and if not or if so. does it leack at all?
Mine is the JDM MR BOV and I haven't noticed it leaking at all. I am running 25 psi on 93 octane w/alcohol and it hold great. No fluttering problems or anything. I would definately recommend it.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006evo
alot of u are mentioning the aps and the mr...jus curious is the Greddy bov's not a good investment or is it mostly and opinion....like he said mine is gonna be a daily driver im not building a faster or race car by no means..jus wanting to do a couple simple mods....i dont plan on changing the psi or prolly not even the ecu or anything like that..still a good idea for a bov....
Don't jack the thread. If you aren't changing boost, don't waste money on a BOV.

Thread originator, it sounds like you'd be best off with a JDM MR DV, because it costs the least, works PERFECTLY IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, and will hold all the boost the stock turbo can handle with efficiency. Get a different BOV if you plan on upgrading your turbo...

Mike, stop asking so many questions in this guy's thread. You could have answered all your questions with a simple search. There's tons and tons and tons of commentary on everything you've asked. Just get the damn MR DV and be done with it, unless you only care about sound or unless you are upgrading your turbo.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Thread originator, it sounds like you'd be best off with a JDM MR DV, because it costs the least, works PERFECTLY IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, and will hold all the boost the stock turbo can handle with efficiency. Get a different BOV if you plan on upgrading your turbo...
turbo.
I was reading another BOV thread where it said the jdm mr dv had an 80% success rate and the APS bov had an 100% success rate. I was wondering if you had any input on this because i really do not know. I believe it was from a vendor or shop that works with evo's.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 03:02 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have sold both the JDM and APS bov. We have have not had a single customer have driveability problems with the APS. Most are fine with the JDM MR but still some are having problems. This is just our experience with the valves. It really depends on what you are looking for. The only thing I think we can all agree on is that the stock valve is not very good.

Ben
Old Jul 14, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
We have sold both the JDM and APS bov. We have have not had a single customer have driveability problems with the APS. Most are fine with the JDM MR but still some are having problems. This is just our experience with the valves. It really depends on what you are looking for. The only thing I think we can all agree on is that the stock valve is not very good.

Ben
There you go APS has had no problems known yet. I know which one I'm going to get when i get my evo.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:32 PM

never get the Turbosmart one ~~~ it make my car stall like crazy, and it's impossible for fit with the AEM short rim intake. totally not recommened~~!!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 08:53 PM

Get the APS trust me its works perfectly. I ran that bov on my wrx and i run it on my evo. Before i had a greddy the problem was that it wasnt holding boost and when i cranked up the tension on the spring it was restricting the amount that valve would open causing compressor surge in 5th gear.

Quick Reply: Best BOV, FOrge, MR, APS