Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Best car alarm for the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the latest Clifford Avenguard 5, it has the back up battery, second alarm, two stage shock sensor, motion sensor for proximity alert, remote start (I didn't install this), trunk/window release (didn't install this either) etc. One neat feature I like is that everytime the car is started, it require the driver to input a code, if nothing is entered after 30 seconds or so the car will chirp a little to remind the driver, if nothing entered for another 30 seconds or so the alarm will set off and the engine will be shut off. The code is programmable by user and can be up to 4 digits. The alarm however does not have a paging system, I guess I'm more worried about people stealing the car rather than just breaking in and taking stuff, for I kept the interior mostly stock. The alarm was installed for $500 + tax, but I was hooked up by a friend, only paid $100 in total.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

The compustar is awsome. I have had vipers and several other dei alarms. This is by far the best one yet. The range is as advertised and has been trouble free for 1 year. Only complaint is the remote can eat non litium batteries for lunch. I f you go with the dei alarms don't go cheap this is definatly something where you get what you pay for. Good luck
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hidden killswitch. $70 installed.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:31 AM

i don't know too much about alarms but was looking to getting one...and i'm a deep sleeper, is there any way to turn up the horn or maybe attach an air horn to an aftermarket alarm?
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Most installers can hook up air horns. Just don't make it too sensitive as this will quickly get you dirty looks from the neighbors
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mines8
i don't know too much about alarms but was looking to getting one...and i'm a deep sleeper, is there any way to turn up the horn or maybe attach an air horn to an aftermarket alarm?
The Clifford Avenguard 5 I have with the 2nd alarm and horn together it's pretty darn loud, if that's not enough you can always put train horns in I was at a shop where some dude put 3 train horns into his Denali, they were testing it and told everyone to cover their ears, just before they set it off some lady walked in, she had no idea why everyone had their hands on their ears, then the horn went off... Poor lady, the horn scared the crap out of her.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 12:00 PM

My friend has a show truck and he put in the matrix rs3 system w/ range sensor and 2 pizo sirens in addition to the siren that comes w/ the rs3. the range sensor will chirp 3 times if any moving object comes within 5ft of the truck. it'll do this fo 2 more times every 30sec and then the alram will go. if any idiot tries to start his car w/o the key engine will shutdown and that pizo siren (located rite under the steering column angled toward the driver will go off and it will make you deaf fo awhile from wut i hear. not a bad set up fo $300. he works at bestbuy and they get 40-50% off car stereo and access dept.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 06:18 AM

Hands down omega is the best, there new upgrade kit just hit the shelves too (at least at the 1 store i goto lesscoelectronics.com). Their new Echo-Touch is a 2-Way Color Touch Screen, its elite. I have never seen anything so small with such a bright & colorful LCD -- it's like an iPhone. You can check it out on Omega's site, or goto http://www.lesscoelectronics.com/ECH...p/lietch00.htm. This is the best Alarm out there right now, and the most cutting edge technology wise!