Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

4G63 swap in a US Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2003, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Evil Lancer
do u guys know that a cyclone engine fits in our car, i have a friend that owns a japanese engine warehouse, where they import any engine from japan, we`ll, i spoke with him and he has a worker their that works on mitsubishi cars only, and he told me u can drop a 4g63 or any other that u prefer, jus that it will be more power 2 the front wheel drive, so this would mean u need a stronger axle and other goodies, u don`t have 2 change the whole thing jus cuz its an evo engine and it means u need 2 make it all wheel drive, it has been done with a front, the GS-T model, best engine swap out their right now fro our cars, best bet it that, so those of u that think it is impossible 2 do it, it is impossible becuz u guys make it impossible, be free 2 ask for more info, hit me at www.jokerchild2000@hotmail.com
For the Nth time, let me say this.... the Cyclone 4G63 engine (EVO I to III, or JDM Galant VR-4), which has the same orientation as the 1G/2G DSM and 4G (93-96) Mirage is located on the RIGHT hand side of the engine bay (when you're facing the car) while the Lancer/ 5G (97+) Mirage has and opposite orientation (on the left). That means, if you want to put the Cyclone engine into the Lancer, you will have to relocate almost everything in the engine and re-do all the engine/tranny mounts...which means very high price....
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Here's an idea. Buy an Evo. Get a body shop to fit an OZ kit on it. Ditch the big fenders, big rims, all that stuff. Then you'll have a "sleeper" 4G63 OZ, and I betcha it'd be a ton cheaper than ANY other OZ swap. Done.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Funny thing is, that's actually more feasible than going the other way and trying to swap the engine.
Old Mar 17, 2003, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
Here's an idea. Buy an Evo. Get a body shop to fit an OZ kit on it. Ditch the big fenders, big rims, all that stuff. Then you'll have a "sleeper" 4G63 OZ, and I betcha it'd be a ton cheaper than ANY other OZ swap. Done.
Funny idea.

What about getting an EVO IV and then "convert" it into a super sleeper Mirage Now that's a project

Yeah, I know it's kind of OT