Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Would u trade an 05 MR for an 06 RS?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2005, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madpacket
What would you do?
I'd have your wife take your keys

Seriously, what feature must you have on a '06 RS? RS is a fine vehicle, but you're crazy going an MR to an RS for basically a even swap. You will lose a lot of money from your MR purchase price on the trade. IMHO, you'll get a lesser vehicle.

Take some time to chill. I think you're just feeling "showroom" excitement.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking to buy a '06 IX RS

Don't know why soemone who was interested in an MR would be interested in an RS???
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:19 AM
tt

6sp .... unless u wait till 0%
and interest saving makes sense
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:20 AM

Seriously. You're high, right?

You're talking about trading a limited production car for a stripped out less featured version?

Why not just cut to the chase and go for a Lancer ES?
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kdogg

Seriously, what feature must you have on a '06 RS? RS is a fine vehicle, but you're crazy going an MR to an RS for basically a even swap. You will lose a lot of money from your MR purchase price on the trade. IMHO, you'll get a lesser vehicle.
The way I was looking at it was- 1) payment drops, not a huge amount, ~10%, 2) get a brand new car w/ new features, 3) different color

I've already lost the money on this car, due to depreciation, weather I keep it or not.

Originally Posted by kdogg
Take some time to chill. I think you're just feeling "showroom" excitement.
Heh! almost certainly
Old Oct 7, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meanmud
I'm looking to buy a '06 IX RS

Don't know why soemone who was interested in an MR would be interested in an RS???
If by "interested" you are talking about new buyers, then there are about $6,000 reasons to be interested in the RS vs. the MR.

If instead you mean why would I consider trading my 05 MR for an 06 RS, well, it'd be a bit less in payments, no out of pocket for the sale, and the MR doesn't seem to have that new car smell anymore
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha
Seriously. You're high, right?

You're talking about trading a limited production car for a stripped out less featured version?

Why not just cut to the chase and go for a Lancer ES?
If you think there is no difference between the ES and the RS, go ahead & save the $12,000 and drive happy!

Perhaps it has everything to do with my not having ever driven an RS. That can be easily fixed.

However the lacking ABS really bites. It saves a lot on insurance. The radio, sound muffling, and wing I can do without. The BBS wheels are a neutral- I like em but they're painted & chip too easily. The RS is lighter in total. The six speed while neat, I don't do enough freeway driving to need 6th regularly. Oh, and I can add a vortex generator. Would miss the keyless entry though
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

in a word...NO.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

I say your an idiot for even thinking about going from the top of the line to the bottom. You would be so pissed after 1 month. KEEP the MR
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Checked out the IX today, and they looked plenty sweet....

My 05 MR just tipped the odo at 10,000 miles. Where I'm at on the loan, and what an RS costs, I think I could possibly trade it in for an 06 almost straight across. I might have a small equity in it, and may very well end up with a bit lower payment afterward.

Would you consider swapping out an MR for an RS? I would be giving up the 6-speed, bilsteins, power windows, abs, and BBS wheels. In exchange for MIVEC, brand new tires, clutch, brakes, 10,000 less miles etc and less weight. I have silver now, and the red looks really good

What would you do?

The best EVO out there is the RS period. it handles like no other and the weight saving are very important.

6 speed means nothing. its nice on the streets but on the circuit track its an extra shift for nothing.

I would say trade it.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
The best EVO out there is the RS period. it handles like no other and the weight saving are very important.

6 speed means nothing. its nice on the streets but on the circuit track its an extra shift for nothing.

I would say trade it.
according to this I doubt he cares

My commute to work is only 5 miles. So it is not like I have to live in the car. I use it mostly for joyriding.
Hoop, I know you have an MR, have you riden in an RS enough to describe the difference in noise level and ride quality?

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

having driven in my rs everyday and plenty of other evos I CAN SAY the ride noise is dependent by mods. for instance my friends cammed evo is way louder inside and out then mine. plus if anyone really cared about sound you would be getting some resonators for your zipper exhaust and no one would have titanium you narcissists. the weight difference makes a difference in handling, braking, ride quality, and acceleration. every evo driver that has riden in my car seems to like the lighter feel when you hit bumps in the road, etc. but i guess that would be an opinion and ive had only a few ride w/ me. i don't think putting a key in the door is any harder then hitting a button DanJ, the key hole is right next to handle. and i think you meant unlocking and locking manually. unless your door opens for you when you get to the car on its own by sensing your presence. i have never missed abs, but tracking you might. i get 22 mpg in boost all day, and 0 speeding (knock on wood) with my evo for 20k although i speed like a madman. EquinsuOcha i believe there are less rs models then mrs, but i could be wrong. post the link where it shows production numbers if you have one. just wanted to defend against everyone who thinks they are sooo much better for having an mr. what idiot wouldn't want those fugly rims, **** stereo, and wing right? that being said, obviously leather, windows, and sunroof would be much better. if there is turbo problems and you are worried about the mivec capabilites then don't get a IX. as far as resale value, well the VIII is going to get proportionally worse then a IX when the X comes IF the IX is marginally better then the VIII. but you do get new car smell, tires, brakes, fluids, clutch, warranty, mivec, more hp, lower payments, lower interest?, 0 miles again, and paint. so i see why you would trade in for a new IX regardless of the model. is all that worth it? thats up to you and how long you plan on keeping this car. sorry for the rant.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

How about we trade cars and then you can trade my 03 for the 06 that you want .
Old Oct 7, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
but you do get new car smell, tires, brakes, fluids, clutch, warranty, mivec, more hp, lower payments, lower interest?, 0 miles again, and paint. so i see why you would trade in for a new IX regardless of the model. is all that worth it? thats up to you and how long you plan on keeping this car. sorry for the rant.
My sentiments EXACTLY....
Old Oct 7, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Your 05 is still a new car with only 10K miles on it, hell its just getting broken in. Good Luck in your decision either way though.

Quick Reply: Would u trade an 05 MR for an 06 RS?