Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

K&N filter...stock air box?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TxEvo8
If you want to hear the turbo and the BOV more with the panel filter, take the lid off your airbox.
you can buy a blitz mesh cover to hold your filter from flying out .
Hearing your turbo and bov is really cool, Not only me but my passengers enjoy that sound too. and you can scare or surprise the driver next to you.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ddubb
why is it all that important for you that others can hear your turbo and bov. they shouldn't be able to hear it when you pass them up anyway,right.
I'm just trying to find ways to here the turbo because I really miss all the sounds my 04 sti made, my sti had a 20g turbo,ecutek, full catless exhaust ect..... I want to be able to hear the turbo wine and spool up. Maybe I should start modding it like crazy as I did with my sti lol
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

that's cool, i'm cool with whatever you are trying to do...I'm just trying to understand why it is important to hear it that's all. I have a blitz drop -in filter and I can hear my turbo spool and bov fine, and even better with the window open.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ddubb
that's cool, i'm cool with whatever you are trying to do...I'm just trying to understand why it is important to hear it that's all. I have a blitz drop -in filter and I can hear my turbo spool and bov fine, and even better with the window open.
I want to hear the turbo because all I hear now is the vtec(mivec), my car reminds me of a vtec civic or rsx, I want to hear the turbo lol
Old Oct 29, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GgreyEVOIX
I want to hear the turbo because all I hear now is the vtec(mivec), my car reminds me of a vtec civic or rsx, I want to hear the turbo lol
That's embarrassing.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's embarrassing.
Meh why? Bro I'm coming from a wrx and sti which are completly differnent cars, after driving subarus for the past 3 years thats how the evo sounds to me..... like a vtec honda. Whats wrong with that anyway?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I guess I'm the oddball. I could already hear my turbo, box stock. then I added the K&N and noticed a slightly more pronounced turbo sound. For a cat-back exhaust, what has the deepest sound (not too loud) and most performance gain. I'm leary about going with a Turbo-back exhaust because of risking my warranty. I was thinking of the DC sports cat-back kit. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 31, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

ya dude i had the dealer put a k&n in mine before i picked it up a week later i spent $120 on the turbo xs intake, it takes like 15 min to do and worth every penny. (not expensive but twice as much as a k&n drop in) the the sound and performance diff is amazing. you can hear your stock bov like its vented to atmosphere and the turbo sounds like it's gonna suck the hood in. and it comes w/ a k&n from turbo xs. in other words dont waste your money on a drop in filter

im pretty sure the way the mass air mounts to the air box is the same on an evo IX as it is on an 8

ps. damn, i just told 1 of my secrets

Last edited by BURNALL_4; Oct 31, 2005 at 02:17 PM.