Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

how much Hp to expect ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much Hp to expect ?

i'm driving 05 MR right now and my set up going to be

Dp, catback, hks intake, upgrade front mount with piping , emanage

how much hp i should be expecting after tunning with e manage? on mustang and dyno pack, thankx !
Old Oct 29, 2005, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like I am following you around today, Where did you come up with your "to-get" parts list? I thought cams come before FMIC. and why e-manage? have you done your homework? Get the parts in the right sequence, or it will ROB you HP! my2c
Old Oct 29, 2005, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NaVa
i'm driving 05 MR right now and my set up going to be

Dp, catback, hks intake, upgrade front mount with piping , emanage

how much hp i should be expecting after tunning with e manage? on mustang and dyno pack, thankx !
Can't really say, since that is not a good most list. You said DP and cat-back, but no cat replacement, so are you retaining the stock cat, or is your DP a big one-piece design that includes a test pipe to replace the cat? Also, an upgraded FMIC and piping doesn't help at all. In fact, it could hurt, since you don't have the right mods yet. The stock FMIC is best for the stock turbo and going to an FMIC before even cams or alky injection is just going to make your turbo spool more slowly. As for the e-manage...I'm not saying it doesn't work, but why in the world did you pick that? Maybe .1% of Evo owners use that, so I hope you know what you're doing. If you already know how to tune it, then great. If not, well...paying someone to tune an e-manage is not the smartest thing.

What you need is to not buy the FMIC and piping, then use the money on an MBC (in other thread, I think you have this), cams, JDM MR DV, and a flash.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Can't really say, since that is not a good most list. You said DP and cat-back, but no cat replacement, so are you retaining the stock cat, or is your DP a big one-piece design that includes a test pipe to replace the cat? Also, an upgraded FMIC and piping doesn't help at all. In fact, it could hurt, since you don't have the right mods yet. The stock FMIC is best for the stock turbo and going to an FMIC before even cams or alky injection is just going to make your turbo spool more slowly. As for the e-manage...I'm not saying it doesn't work, but why in the world did you pick that? Maybe .1% of Evo owners use that, so I hope you know what you're doing. If you already know how to tune it, then great. If not, well...paying someone to tune an e-manage is not the smartest thing.

What you need is to not buy the FMIC and piping, then use the money on an MBC (in other thread, I think you have this), cams, JDM MR DV, and a flash.
Well put Warrtalon, I agree. I heard the emanage fries coil packs, and isnt the easiest to tune. I think he needs to work on his LIST of mods, and put them in the "correct" order![img]images/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Also, he needs to research this site! all the answers are here somewhere.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

( sigh )

Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:30 AM

yes i'll run test pipe , straight no cat. and as the mod list, that's not in order or anything just that's all the parts that i want to put it on, so can anyone answer my question?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NaVa
yes i'll run test pipe , straight no cat. and as the mod list, that's not in order or anything just that's all the parts that i want to put it on, so can anyone answer my question?
Not really. It's a weird mod combination that many of us are not familiar with. It also depends on the type of dyno, the temp, the humidity, the octane, the elevation, and the tuning prowess of whoever tunes the E-manage.

If you want a ballpark estime, then maybe 290-300whp
Old Oct 29, 2005, 05:02 PM

yah that's wat i want to know, so i'm not expecting anything higher than 310 or so?