Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Who here hates LS1 Drivers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's just a car. Interesting how peoples personalties and egos become so entwined in what they drive. Anyone can buy one. It's not like you have to pass some test of manhood or something before your allowed to get a performance car. In fact, it seems like most of the time just the opposite is true.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know of two C5 drivers who are brother-in laws of each other. One guy drives a yellow soft top with exhaust he's got to be one of the biggest jagoff's I have ever met and I've met a lot. The other drives a silver drop top with a 393 gear and he is one of the coolest guys I ever met.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

I don't have problems with V-8 owners. Occasionally a Mustang, but that's about it.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

if its a z06 vette or a cobra i'd beware.....especially on the go type racing......their fast but other than that i'm not to worried.........but there are others out there. know your roll. in other words, never underestimate
Old Dec 8, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ya know its funny, I get a ridiculous amount of street races where I live and by far the worst of the pack has been the 03-04 Cobra owners...

Ive actually had 2 Z06s (whom I pulled on) and they both gave me props and talked to both of them for a while! Really cool guys.

The last 04 Cobra I walked on started giving me excuses how Im modded and he wasnt and it wasnt a FAIR race lol. I told him, I have 4 cyliners 4 doors 1 turbo, he had 2 doors, 8 cylidners and blower. Go home lol
Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of the F-body and vette guys ive met are real cool. I actually enjoy hanging out with them when I can. They are usually nicer and more down to earth than the import crowd, excet the Evo/STI/Supra/etc owners who are few and far between in Detroit.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

for some reason in my area i always get the srt4 owners that just have to blow off at me everytime the are passing me/driving next to me/going the other direction etc. i ahve no problem with the srt's but sometimes it can be annoying!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:55 PM
Former Vendor

i ignore everyone equally.. f-em all..
Old Dec 9, 2005, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
It's just a car. Interesting how peoples personalties and egos become so entwined in what they drive. Anyone can buy one. It's not like you have to pass some test of manhood or something before your allowed to get a performance car. In fact, it seems like most of the time just the opposite is true.
word. so true.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
The few Ive met? Between personal run-ins, meets, and reading threads on here, I do not consider my statements silly. I dont consider the amount Ive met and dealt with to be "few." Generalizations are dangerous though, and to those that dont fit the mold of the owners I have described, sorry. I have been witness to too many "mine is bigger than yours" arguements from fellow Evo owners to think differently though.
OK, there are roughly 12,000 EVO owners and you've just generalized about the group based on your limited experiences. At least you recognize the problem with generalizations.

I've had the oposite experience and found most EVO owners to be nice guys and I too have met more than a few. In fact, I have found most of the car enthusiast I've met at a meet or the track to not be jerks. They may own a supercharged Z06, big block Charger or a Honda, but they all have the same sickness and passions I do.

I would suggest that there are jackasses that own every type of car from a minivan to Prius. JAs are what they are and not because of the steering wheel they sit behind.