Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Performance Tricks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005 | 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, I can't believe everybody takes two jokes so seriously. And then even after me and the other guy apologized people are still complaining. Get over it, can anybody take a joke any more? I don't think two comments are going to stop that guy from getting a great car!
here is a link to the bypass thing

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=153753
Old Dec 21, 2005 | 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

7. tubes after intercooler are not as significant as before because the charged air is much more dense (significantly cooler), but at a slightly lower pressure. this means the air is not moving nearly as fast. however this still means keep the tubes relatively straight, minimize bends, and make sure the diameter is large enough to not cause a pressure drop, yet, to large it will act like a big capacitor and reduce your throttle response.
...so, would you say that it would be a good idea to use a 1/4 inch smaller tube after the IC to keep the velocity of the air the same as pre intercooler(hotter) air? Is this important? Does air tumble come into play here?
Old May 18, 2009 | 12:31 AM

hahahahaha, you guys make some of the threads on here a riot. Little tips and tricks are fun in spare time if you like that sort of thing, atleast i do. The indexing of spark plugs is a good trick and has been around for a long time. Worrying about air tumble can get TRICKY but doesnt sound like what the originator of this poster was looking for but i think this post can be helpful. For instance, one who cant afford to mod his or her evo may look for tips, cheap mods, or just things to pittle fart with. I agree questions posted by people may sound retarded and it may be freightening that someone with a car different than the classic Evo is interested in this forum (the latter being a joke). But in all honesty, whoever said just stick to car stuff is 100% right because this thread wasted my time. There is so much information not on this site because of rediculous time wasting comments causing people, like myself, not to post helpful hints, tips and TRICKS, which if anyone has remembered can be ANYTHING helpful like something as simple as two butter knives to remove the classic after market stereo, or eliminate the cat by busting out the inside instead of purchasing the bolt in piece that some people cant afford. For all those that do stick to cars and dont waste my time, THANK YOU for all the information on this forum and hope no question remains unanswered so someday, no matter how RETARDED the question may be, i can find the answer on the forum.
Old May 18, 2009 | 05:01 AM
Evolved Member

3 characters.

E-8-5. With tuning on a stock evo with basic mods the gains are impressive...almost like running race fuel. And there are ways to have 2 different maps (1 for regular pump and one for E85).