Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

tuning super afc

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tuning super afc

I bought an evo viii last january. It came with bushur racing stage two. Has about 380hp.Since then i have installed a turbo xs turbo manifold (ported and polished). and nx ic sprayer. I believe the afc may have been fingered while it was at the dealer ship and I'm not sure if it realy is doing what its supposed to be. Also i need to know the evo settings. I have checked to see where everything is and it seems to be rite according to friends but i know my car can do better with some tuning. I run a low 12 @ 102mph with the nitrous at a local strip. Maybe the afc is adjusted rite just would like to know for myself.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, you do have a problem. i ran a 13.4@102.9 @ 4000', no nos. you've got a great time, but the mph is way low for running low 12's.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jusa4cyl
I bought an evo viii last january. It came with bushur racing stage two. Has about 380hp.Since then i have installed a turbo xs turbo manifold (ported and polished). and nx ic sprayer. I believe the afc may have been fingered while it was at the dealer ship and I'm not sure if it realy is doing what its supposed to be. Also i need to know the evo settings. I have checked to see where everything is and it seems to be rite according to friends but i know my car can do better with some tuning. I run a low 12 @ 102mph with the nitrous at a local strip. Maybe the afc is adjusted rite just would like to know for myself.
First off, you are a disaster waiting to happen. You bought a used Evo with mods on it already and have a tuning device that you have no idea how to use, yet you are adding mods and running nitrous while having no idea if the SAFC is tuned correctly. Believe me, we know you didn't run low 12s at 102, so don't even try that with us. There are no Evo-specific settings on an SAFC. It all depends on your mods, the octane you use, the amount of boost you're pushing, your altitude, your temps, your humidity, and your driving style. You have to have a wideband O2 and logging device to properly tune an SAFC. This is not a playtoy and should not be taken lightly. Used improperly, it could blow your engine in a heartbeat.

You need to contact Dynoflash and have your ECU custom flashed for your mods. , then you can keep your SAFC for that and tune on top of the flash, but the way you're going now is destined for disaster.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jan 20, 2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MPH is way too low for running low 12's