Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to evolutionm.net!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to evolutionm.net!

Hello everybody. My name is Justin and I reside in Upstate, NY. I have gone through 2 cars in the past year before finally settling myself down with my 2005 Evo VIII. I had a 2004 VW R32 with the VF Engineering Stage I Supercharger System...a great car to own but not a great car to try to build unless you want to really dig deep into the motor and do a ton of overhauling. From there I went to a weekend track superstar in a 2005 Lotus Elise HRM Edition. I owned the Lotus for about 2 months before I drew tired of it's impracticality. Amazing car to drive, not an amazing car to drive to work So I sold that and was left with my 1996 VW Jetta Trek Edition and the itch for a performance vehicle. I wanted something that would be somewhat comfortable, a great drivers car, and somewhat practical. It shook down to either the STi or the EVO...and well here I am! A local dealer actually had ONE 05 VIII left...Lightning Yellow with the Sun & Sound Package +...great package! I enjoy the leather along with the Infinity System, Glass Roof, and HID Headlights. My only mods thus far are a turbo timer w/ harness, oil pressure, and boost gague. I recently ordered the MR Manifold, o2 Housing, Downpipe, Cat-Delete Pipe, and Cat-Back Exhaust. Future mods include a BMC Drop-In Filter Element, 2.5" Injen Intercooler Plumbing, Perrin MBC, ECUTek w/ Delta Dash, KTR Performance Dyno Tune, Braided Clutch Line, Braided Brake Lines, and a master set of bushings from Energy Suspension. From there it's just drive and enjoy time. No urge to dig too deep, been there in the past and don't want to cause the problems at home with the old lady again about having motors torn apart and cars laying around that I can't drive Defenitely great to be here though and look forward to getting to know you all!

Regards,
Justin
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to evom... the only advice i can give you is to use the search button..
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Advice well taken. Have already been putting that girl through her paces searching for opinions and experiences with MR products. Works like a charm! Nothing like a good intra-forum search engine to get Christmas started properly.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

So have you taken it through that deep winter NY snow yet?
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Actually no, no snow I garage the car for the winter and drive my Volkswagen. I drive roughly an hour to and from work 5 days a week and don't want to run up unnecessary miles on the car if I can avoid it. Plus, I don't think the AO46's would much appreciate the snow! I did take it out on an icy day in a local parking lot just to play, and it was very VERY enjoyable with the cars diff. set to snow...even with the performance tires I was able to get some okay traction and rip off some hot laps around the lot
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the ride and welcome to evom.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats bro! Welcome...
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome To Evom, Parrrrrrrrrtay!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 25, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kevin
Welcome to evom... the only advice i can give you is to use the search button..
Welcome and def. become friends with the search button