Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Potential Evo IX buyer concerns

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
I figure the IS350 I'd want would hover just above $40k. But the "rice image" thing associated with the car sometimes is also something I would consider. I know that I shouldn't rely on other people's views on the car, but it's ALWAYS a factor, otherwise there would be a lot more SRT-4 drivers on the road.

Anyway, how long do you guys typically drive on the freeway before you start to feel uncomfortable? And how badly does air conditioning affect fuel consumption?

It really just reflects society's fixation on public image and what people think of you or your lifestyle. It's pretty sad that people are so insecure that they let other people dictate what they should or should not buy because society views that particular thing a certain way. When you live your life by the world's guidelines you'll only end up unhappy and unfulfilled. Sadly, most people buy into this view from years of rediculous pounding by the media and advertisers about the importance of your "image".

If you want to be happy, buy what YOU consider to look good, be a good deal, fit your needs, NOT what others do.

I always hear people bring up this point of how "cool" X car is and how X car will "pull more chicks", and that type of mentality is retarded at best. "Pulling" any girl with material things will only "pull" the materialistic (and consequently immoral most likely). I suppose that is mostly said by the naive and unwise.

Last edited by Hypnoz; Dec 30, 2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

I test drove the lexus.. cool car but its not evo.. i just wanted to get back to the dealership.. and my evo felt like a brand new car after riding in that thing! I test drove a IX MR right after that.. if you cannot tell the immediate difference well.. also if you dont plan on autox I dont know why you would be looking to buy this car... you are paying for tons of performance you will never need. If your not involved in some sorta motorsport activity then why bother? Just got an american muscle car.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Hypnoz
It really just reflects society's fixation on public image and what people think of you or your lifestyle. It's pretty sad that people are so insecure that they let other people dictate what they should or should not buy because society views that particular thing a certain way. When you live your life by the world's guidelines you'll only end up unhappy and unfulfilled. Sadly, most people buy into this view from years of rediculous pounding by the media and advertisers about the importance of your "image".

If you want to be happy, buy what YOU consider to look good, be a good deal, fit your needs, NOT what others do.

I always hear people bring up this point of how "cool" X car is and how X car will "pull more chicks", and that type of mentality is retarded at best. "Pulling" any girl with material things will only "pull" the materialistic (and consequently immoral most likely). I suppose that is mostly said by the naive and unwise.
I hope you didn't take my post as an SRT-4 bash... I truly considered that car and got a lot of crap about it from my friends, but then I took them on test drives at the dealerships, showed them the specs, and then a lot of them shut up. And I'm not really considering which cars will "pull more chicks," I do that just fine on my own. It's just we all know that there are some people who just hate imports and don't know the difference between an Evo and a Civic with a muffler, and when they're drunk, they key cars and do other messed up stuff like that, and that is one thing I have to consider in the area where I live. But damn, I really want that Evo now, more than when I started this thread!
Old Dec 30, 2005, 10:47 AM

Evo test drive

I DO want an Evo. I just don't want to have to buy new tires every 10k miles, spend $250 on brake pads alone, etc.

Is there anyone in Southern California who would be willing to take me out for a spin and scare the **** out of me? I live in Newport Beach, I'd be willing to just drive to where you live to minimize any inconveniences, if you're nearby.

Oh yeah, there is a silver VIII down the street from me... I live on 51st St. in Newport Beach, and this one usually parks on Neptune and 53rd/54th... anyone?
I can help you out with a drive if you want. You can reach me @714-375-9493, ask for Mike.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I hope you didn't take my post as an SRT-4 bash... I truly considered that car and got a lot of crap about it from my friends, but then I took them on test drives at the dealerships, showed them the specs, and then a lot of them shut up. And I'm not really considering which cars will "pull more chicks," I do that just fine on my own. It's just we all know that there are some people who just hate imports and don't know the difference between an Evo and a Civic with a muffler, and when they're drunk, they key cars and do other messed up stuff like that, and that is one thing I have to consider in the area where I live. But damn, I really want that Evo now, more than when I started this thread!
Oh no I didn't, I was just saying how you are correct and why you are correct The SRT is a fine daily driver, but I want even more performance.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Just so you guys know, Mike (Strick9) at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi was kind enough to let me take a silver IX for a spin... and holy lord. He told me not to take it over 5000rpm, but even at that rpm I was surprised how much acceleration was building. I don't even know if there is a point in test driving the IS350... I think I know what I want... that is, unless someone near me will let me test an IS350 to further reinforce my current opinion -->

Still, I have a few questions that still stand... how badly does A/C affect mpg? Also, how is the stereo included with the SSL package? I forgot to listen to it.

Last edited by DeeezNuuuts83; Dec 30, 2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 02:16 AM
Evolving Member

Just so you guys know, Mike (Strick9) at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi was kind enough to let me take a silver IX for a spin... and holy lord. He told me not to take it over 5000rpm, but even at that rpm I was surprised how much acceleration was building. I don't even know if there is a point in test driving the IS350... I think I know what I want... that is, unless someone near me will let me test an IS350 to further reinforce my current opinion -->

Still, I have a few questions that still stand... how badly does A/C affect mpg? Also, how is the stereo included with the SSL package? I forgot to listen to it.
The IS350 is fast and it would be a good challenge for the EVO IX. The problem for me regarding the IS350 is you never feel THE power, it is such a Lexus trademark, and it sucks! I once went from 0 to 90 in a blink. I actually got a bit scared because it did not feel I was already running that fast. With the Evo, well you already know how that feels. If you go to Lexus forums you'll notice they are more focus on how the car has this nice leather and nice stereo...but it's all good I guess.

As far as the SSL stock infinity stereo, it sounds better than expected, I say better than most, it is although simple. I replace a DVD In-Dash and it even sounded better than the Infinity stocks.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

There are so many things you can do with the evo the possibilities are endless. Just getting the ECU reflashed by someone like Dynoflash would yield higher MPG AND more power.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by izzyevo
The IS350 is fast and it would be a good challenge for the EVO IX. The problem for me regarding the IS350 is you never feel THE power, it is such a Lexus trademark, and it sucks! I once went from 0 to 90 in a blink. I actually got a bit scared because it did not feel I was already running that fast. With the Evo, well you already know how that feels. If you go to Lexus forums you'll notice they are more focus on how the car has this nice leather and nice stereo...but it's all good I guess.

As far as the SSL stock infinity stereo, it sounds better than expected, I say better than most, it is although simple. I replace a DVD In-Dash and it even sounded better than the Infinity stocks.
this is why I want to buy an EVO too, I remember driving my cammry on the 405 and I hit 105 with out even knowing that I was going that fast, as I was about to go through a turn, I look at my speedameter(Spelling) and and hit the brakes(but not to hard just enough to get me down to 80), so If I had not looked at my speed Im pretty sure I would of crashed, since the camry doesn't have handling IMO.

A lot of people tell me to get an IS or 3 series because its more popular with the ladies and has Name(meaning the companies are well known and respected), but I always tell them if you want them you go get them. Cause I wanted the Evo since 2003.