Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

JDM Evo 9 MR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the JDM....in case you want to see

JDM Lineup
Old Feb 18, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they will import the RS2 model with some optional parts like 17BBS wheels, Bilstein suspension etc...

Btw, there was at the mitsu dealer a brand new white 04/05 Evo with 5speed transmission, BBS wheels, JDM MR metal bov, Bilstein suspension and it does not have a MR emblem.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Evilevo
Correct, Except the Euro Models are FQ Series not RS

Wrong FQ is UK specific not Euro, even though UK is part of European union, you can't buy FQ's in Germany etc
I believe the cars are shipped out from Japan as regular Evo's ie RS, GT, GSR
then when in specific country ie UK, it then has FQ work done by Ralliart UK.
Same applies here, US probably gets RS II, GT's (US GSR) versions and accessories such as Rear spoilers, Vortex generators etc are installed at port.

Last edited by Samdiver74; Feb 24, 2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Cool Straight from Japan!

Man I put this in two other threads already...

Hey everyone, long time no see!

While I can't provide "official dates" here is what's being said in Japanese websites and magazines...first let me start off by saying that in Japan currently the Evo IX is sold in only RS, GT, and GSR trim! Meaning, there is no IX MR yet! The 'supposed' IX MR you guys have in the US is basically a slight upgrade of the VIII MR with the new front bumper (I know I'm not being specific, so lay off ) According to an April issue of a Japanese magazine called "Car トップ" (Car Top), which is fairly reliable, they said the Japanese Evo IX MR will have more than the current 280ps (276 horsepower) and will prolly adopt the Yamaha REAMS system currently used on the AUDI RS6. The date they quoted for release was September this year, which I believe to be true because when I asked a dealership (remember I live in Japan) they said there are still roughly 860 Evo IXs (of the 5,000 total) that have yet to be sold, so I doubt 三菱 (Mitsubishi) will be selling the newer MR until the rest are sold and that won't be until the end of the year! Lastly, other sources of mine have all said that the EVO X won't be released in Japan until January 2007 at the earliest! And if this were true, it prolly wouldn't be until next summer before it was out in the US. Take my info for what you will, but I'll just add that I was the first to post real pics (and by 'real' I mean taken in person) of the Japanese Evo IX Peace

JapanEvo4's ride: https://www.evolutionm.net/registry/...e.php?vid=3653
Old Feb 25, 2006, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k270kmh
I think they will import the RS2 model with some optional parts like 17BBS wheels, Bilstein suspension etc...

Btw, there was at the mitsu dealer a brand new white 04/05 Evo with 5speed transmission, BBS wheels, JDM MR metal bov, Bilstein suspension and it does not have a MR emblem.
Mitsu is already doing that. The Evos IXs come with the Metal BOV, There are Options to get BBS Wheels and Other stuff that the MR has.

Also the Evos are Mitsu's cars, they can Mod it the way they like, and sell it the way they like. When I bought my Acura Integra like 6 years ago, They had 2 New ones, One Modded with Coilovers, Exhaust, Headers, Cold Air Intake. I bought the unmodded one becuz some guy took the modded one for a 30 minute test drive...

It's like how Buschur Racing is teaming up with Medina and Modding those New Evos and selling them for more...

Originally Posted by Samdiver74
I believe the cars are shipped out from Japan as regular Evo's ie RS, GT, GSR
then when in specific country ie UK, it then has FQ work done by Ralliart UK.
Same applies here, US probably gets RS II, GT's (US GSR) versions and accessories such as Rear spoilers, Vortex generators etc are installed at port.
I don't think that the US Spec Evos are assembled as JDM Evos, then when they hit US shores, they are reassembled as US Spec Evos and Renamed. Come on now. Common Sense. WHy would you make a JDM Evo, Ship it to the US, Once it hits US Shores you strip the parts that wont meet Cali Emissions, Downgrade the Motor, reprogram the ECU and all that other junk, then sell the car and lose money for all the parts that you had just thrown away. Not making Sense. Check the Sticker on your Evo when you drive it off the Lot. 100% Assembled in Japan, 100% Japanese Parts. Reading is your friend....

Originally Posted by JapanEvo4
According to an April issue of a Japanese magazine called "Car トップ" (Car Top), which is fairly reliable, they said the Japanese Evo IX MR will have more than the current 280ps (276 horsepower) and will prolly adopt the Yamaha REAMS system currently used on the AUDI RS6.
Sorry the US Spec Evo's HP are as Follows. 2003 Evos = 271 HP "Claimed" -- 2005 Evos = 276 HP "Claimed" -- 2006 Evos = 286 HP "Claimed"
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoRicer
I don't think that the US Spec Evos are assembled as JDM Evos, then when they hit US shores, they are reassembled as US Spec Evos and Renamed.
That is true, but I think European FQ cars are built in thsi manner. They come in as grey market cars and modified by Ralliart UK before being sold.

Come on now. Common Sense. WHy would you make a JDM Evo, Ship it to the US, Once it hits US Shores you strip the parts that wont meet Cali Emissions, Downgrade the Motor, reprogram the ECU and all that other junk, then sell the car and lose money for all the parts that you had just thrown away. Not making Sense. Check the Sticker on your Evo when you drive it off the Lot. 100% Assembled in Japan, 100% Japanese Parts.
You are right, this would not be an effecient process for the USDM market and its EVOS. However if you have an SSL, it won't be 100% Japanese parts.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

EvoRicer
Reading is your friend
I didn't say the cars were disassembled, and then reassembled on US soil
I said the Accessories such as Vortex generators, and Rear spoilers were installed in Port
Old Feb 25, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Yeah EvoRicer...I didn't specify if I was referring to either the JDM's or US-spec Evo's HP numbers, but the Japanese Evos have 280ps (roughly 276 horsepower)! There actually was a law in Japan (implemented before even the first Evo) that said vehicles can't have a HP rating over 280ps and only recently has changed. It was a stupid law because many of the old Subies and and Skylines made more than 280 ps but couldn't officially claim it! With that said, I wasn't wrong
Old Feb 25, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JapanEvo4
Yeah EvoRicer...I didn't specify if I was referring to either the JDM's or US-spec Evo's HP numbers, but the Japanese Evos have 280ps (roughly 276 horsepower)! There actually was a law in Japan (implemented before even the first Evo) that said vehicles can't have a HP rating over 280ps and only recently has changed. It was a stupid law because many of the old Subies and and Skylines made more than 280 ps but couldn't officially claim it! With that said, I wasn't wrong
Was this actually a law? I thought it was just a "gentleman's agreement" between the various japanese auto manufacturers.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:13 PM

down here in australia this week on of the top magazines "motor" confirmed that there will be an evo 9.5 which will be called the MR
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:27 PM

jdm mr 9?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GPTourer
If the OP's car is actually a VII, then where is "here?"

Regardless, there is no JDM EVO IX MR.
and no usdm gsr ......
Old Mar 20, 2006, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakeg97
and no usdm gsr ......
Quit being a troll. There is a GSR in the U.S. There's nothing you can do about it.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~

JDM Lineup

thanks , nice site
Old Mar 28, 2006, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ~EVILEVO~