Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Let me introduce myself (Story)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can always get the car you wanted when you were "growing up" a little later in life if you're not wasteful with your money. i used to dream of owning a 911 since i was about five or six and got my first ride in one. the oil/fuel smell of an air-cooled motor, the sound, ride... all very distinct in my mind from when i was little and still today...

you can do the same thing with an evo, but much sooner i'm sure. get another decent car first, then save up for a really nice evo if that's what you still want. you may want something else, who knows? point is, they'll be around.

PM me when you've saved enough money and i'll sell you mine.

-h
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey man, whats up!! I am 16 and I love my evo. Just make sure you try to help and pay for the car and maintain it with your hard earned money. It'll make you appreciate the car beyond its limits. I currently work at Taco Bell making $6.50 and I work 30 + hours and keep up with homework to keep my car. You can get your evo as long as you work hard for it and drive safely. I am going to go to a SCCA driving school soon to increase my skills in becoming a better driver. Then I will race at the tracks. Also, don't let anybody on these forums get you down, especially Warrtalon. He tends to be mean but he has some logic behind his arguments. When you get the car, just drive safely, and don't think you are invincible on the road.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:51 PM

I'd say, get a beater for a while to learn the ways of the road, but don't give up on getting a IX. A used one would be better then nothing.

BTW, does your dad still work at Concord Mits?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 09:06 PM

Welcome!!! Just be patient, you will be driving your EVO before you know it. Good luck with your dreams.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

since you won't be able to afford an evo and admittedly can't handle it to start with, why not get the pre-evo? the galant vr4 just be careful with it as they're rare and crashing it into a tree would be a bad thing