Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Let me introduce myself (Story)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Let me introduce myself (Story)

Hey Wassup my name is Justin and I'm 14 years old, and I love Evos and I know a lot about them. I really want an Evo IX GSR but I cannot drive until I'm 16 and by that time the Evo X will probably already be in showrooms and the IX will be discontinued. I honestly don't like the X because I love the 4G63 engine, along withthe MIVEC variable valve timing. I want that legendary, trusted engine that has powered the Evo since 1992 and I dont want the new engine. Right now, I cannot get a job so I can save up for the 10k down. Next year I will get a job as a detailer at the local Toyota dealership but you start off at only $7 an hour. Okay, okay I know that the Evo is not appropriate as a first car and al because it is too powerful, but I love its history as a rally car, that has won so manny WRC championships. That is why I'm going to practice and try to be a good driver, but I don't know how many years it will take, I probably wont become good enough to driv ethe evo until I'm 18 but by the... the IX is discontinued like I said before. Now, if I was let's say 18 right now, I could get an IX GSR for $28 invoice plus the $500 off loyalty cuz my mom has a Montero. But EVOM, could u please giv eme some advice?? Thanks in advance.

Since I was 5, I went to where my dad worked as a salesman (Concord Mitsubishi) and stare at the 3000gt and that car was my first love but it is long and gone now and I don't want the same thing to happen to the Evo. It is hard to find a 3000gt with less than 40k miles or one that isn't wrecked. So yeah, my point is that it;; be hard to find an Evo about 9 years from now.

Thanks guys for the ideas n cheering me up!

Edit: Yeah, I am trying to get something as a daily driver because I know the Evo will hurt my back. I need something simple like a Corolla to drive to work lol. If I get an Evo soon, I just hope nobody labels me as a "boy racer" becuase I'm not sum ricer dude who shows off his ride. I love the Evo with a passion and I know it's history and reputation. Lol, if I get one, I'm also afraid that it might get keyed or wrecked. Lol even I'm scared of driving it because the car is a BEAST, it is not to be taken lightly, as if it were a toy car. I'm trying to act mature for my age cuz I have to know the consequences before I crash n burn....

Last edited by mitsu_lover625; Feb 20, 2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Ummmm.... Well.... Lets see, you won't be able to afford the Evo at what you would be making. And you have to be a awesome driving to make it on the tour. Insurance would be insane. I'm 20, have a perfect driving record, good discounts and I would be paying around 170 a month. You're payment would be around 700 a month with a co-singer. Wait until you get out of college and buy a used IX
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Hey there Justin. Why the long face? look at the bright side, here in Iceland you don´t get to drive until you are 17! I am not sure what kind of advice you are looking for. The evo is deffinetly not a good first car, and I would not think it would be vice for a 16 year old to be driving a 270+ hp car. My first car was a corolla g6, nice car, good looking and fast enough for a first car. Somewhere around 125hp and wrecket 2 months later! with the 150hp extra I would probably have wrecket more than just the car.

keep up the good work, save some money and you will be able to get a nice car when you get your licence.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Evo Robert, the kid has ambitions and dreams, don't knock them like that just because you drive an evo , you should be supporting him...

Kid good luck, it will take alot of practive and determination to make it on the tour....good luck , i hope you get your evo and you make it on tour and become a very sucessful driver, and if you have any questions don't be affraid to ask.

PS. Welcome to EVO M

Last edited by evolved69; Feb 20, 2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolved69
Evo Robert, the kid has ambitions and dreams, don't knock them like that just because you drive an evo , you should be supporting him...

Kid good luck, it will take alot of practive and determination to make it on the tour....good luck , i hope you get your evo and you make it on tour and become a very sucessful driver, and if you have any questions don't be affraid to ask.

PS. Welcome to EVO M
I didn't mean to come out as an ***. Sorry.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like you are a true fan of the evo, and that is great. To get some driving experiance now, (if you have the money) get yourself a cart, and participate in track events with it. It may not be glamourous, but it will definately teach you driving/racing dynamics. At least with some training behind the wheel of a fast cart, you'll know what cars can, and can't do...and won't be one of the hundreds of new drivers that think owning a high performance auto makes them a better driver.

I hand this site out alot...take a look http://theevo.com/

Last edited by evofan@scorp's; Feb 20, 2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

welcome to evom kid,

I am happy that you love the 4g63 motors and would love an evo IX, I owe one myself and it's every bit worth the cent i pay, My advice is that if you really want one, save up for it and although by the time you are ready to purchase, there may not be any new IX's left. You can buy a used one, most of these guys on this forum take very good care of their rides so I'm sure that there will be a fair amount of IXs for you to choose from. Another thing is that you are young, try to have fun while you are a kid, trust me there are a lot of time in life for you to enjoy your evo IX. Good luck with your dreams and again welcome.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

My advice is to buy a used evo9 to learn on and also a lower payment. Tell your mom or dad to finance it and for them to put the evo under there insurance. Leave your name out of the financing and insurance. You will save hundreds a month and thousands by the time you pay off your car.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

I had the same kind of crush on the 240Z-280Z. Lived and breathed for a Z. Test drive one, but couldn't afford it. The supercar at the time was the Porsche Turbo. 4.9s 0-60! OMG!

Fast forward 30 years, college, marriage, kids, etc.

Never bought the Z, but I'm now driving a car that outperforms that Porsche Turbo.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbdude
My advice is to buy a used evo9 to learn on and also a lower payment. Tell your mom or dad to finance it and for them to put the evo under there insurance. Leave your name out of the financing and insurance. You will save hundreds a month and thousands by the time you pay off your car.
That is illegal, it is called insurance fraud and if he was to get hit, the insurance company would drop his parents and him and the entire families rates would skyrocket. Its a good ambition, and I'm happy that he wants one too, but do it legally.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:29 PM

Wow, talk about passionate. I wish more people were like you..
Old Feb 20, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Mitsu lover625, welcome to the forums!!! Good luck getting the car in the future. Maybe someone local going to a EVO meet can take you or you could have your parents take you? Keep up to date on the regional sections.......
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:06 PM

Mitsu lover 625, an Evo is a great ambition. Unlike an exotic, its one of the few true sports cars that alot of us can realistically afford. It was one of my dream cars when i was your age and i've been lucky enough to own both an Evolution II and a IX. You have a couple years left before you can get one but my advice is to start slow. Get one or two 'normal' cars under your belt. Learn some car control and driving dynamics before you move up. Its very easy to get carried away in a sports car. Keep the faith though, when the time is right...a used IX will still be an awesome car.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Hey lil man,

check out norcalevo.net alot of us are going to be at the Hot import Night this sat in SJ. see you there and dont give up on your dreams. Im 22, out of college and just got my evo 9 last month. I have wanted one since 1993. see ya...
Old Feb 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Yea kid, great to see that you love the evo so much, just follow your dreams...anything is possible and good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Let me introduce myself (Story)