Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Americanizing an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Americanizing an EVO

I have tried searching but im new to this and can't seem to find anything helpful. Is there any info on making a evo legal in the or that sells us spec evos? Any info would be greatly appreciated. this is what i found from the DMVs web site

Hope this helps someone

A U.S. Customs entry document, showing vehicle conformance to U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards, must be submitted along with a customer's RMV-1 application to title a gray market vehicle. The RMV is NOT responsible for obtaining these custom entry documents. This is the responsibility of U.S. Customs and the customer who wishes to title the vehicle. An application to title a grey market vehicle MUST be accompanied by ONE of the following U.S. Customs entry forms:

· CF 368A - Collection Receipt or Informal Entry
· CF 7523 - Entry and Manifest of Merchandise Free Of Duty
· CF 3299 - Declaration For Free Entry Of Unaccompanied Articles
· CF 3311 - Declaration For Free Entry Of Returned American Products.
· CF 7501 - Entry Summary
· CF 6059B - Customs Declaration
· CF 3461 * Entry/Immediate Delivery
· CF 3461 * Alt, Entry/Immediate Delivery

To title and register a gray market vehicle, a customer must present additional documentation at the time of application. The additional documentation depends on where the vehicle is from. The following list shows all the additional documentation needed for each type of Gray Market vehicle including the U.S. customs entry document.

For Foreign Vehicles (Other Than Canada)
1. Original registration certificate of foreign owner.
(Foreign countries do not issue titles.)
2. Customs Entry document.
(Most non-Canadian foreign vehicles will have form 7501 for their U.S. entry document.)
3. Bill(s) of sale providing a complete chain of transfers and ownerships.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:00 PM

looks like you didn't look on the site hard enough, there are lots of discusions on this
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

http://mitsubishievo.com
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:03 PM

sorry i should have specified i don't want the new evo. I like the EVO VI that is what im going to try and get. And as for searching if you could point me at some threads or just tell me what words to punch in the search field i would appreciate it.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll save the time and tell you at this point, no one will certify an Evo 6 for street use. If you would like to get one for race use only, you can do that, or you can try talking to a Registered Importer. It will cost you a ton of money though. The bond alone would be about $45000 up front.
Start at http://www.nhtsa.gov for details.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 04:12 PM

thanks that what i thought i appreciate it