Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IX vs MR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just pick up 06 IV MR GG and I have to say 6speed is the way to go
Old Feb 27, 2006, 08:35 PM

I'm thinking of getting a 2006 IV MR GG as well. Where can I get the best deal? Is everyone buying it at MSRP? Of course I would love to get it at invoice.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by s2KMR
Just pick up 06 IV MR GG and I have to say 6speed is the way to go
Originally Posted by wuying
I'm thinking of getting a 2006 IV MR GG as well. Where can I get the best deal? Is everyone buying it at MSRP? Of course I would love to get it at invoice.
I wasn't aware that they were making IVs in 2006
But anyway, the best deal right now on any Evo (RS, IX, MR) is through South Coast Mitsubishi in Costa Mesa, California. It isn't uncommon for people from outside of California (even all the way to the East Coast) to purchase from Mark (EvoM username evolution_4_all or something like that) at prices even below invoice. But I believe tomorrow (February 28) is the last day his deal is valid, so I would contact him ASAP and fax the paperwork and have the car shipped to you if you're serious. Go here for more information about it:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=184683
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
I give South Coast two thumbs up any day
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

im no expert, but the MR comes with a 6 speed, but barely has any noticable HP gains, so why would the 6 speed by neccesary? are the lower gears set up for more pull? cuz i dont think the MR is much faster top speed wise to even use the 6th gear. 6th gear in an evo is what...130?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

6th gear in an evo is what...130?
I think 6th gear is closer to 175 and the 5 speed like 155. My biggest concern right now is if the 6 speed shifts any better than the IXs 5 speed. I have a feeling Mitsu has out done themselves and made the new close ratio 5 speed 'better' than the current older 6 speed or 5 speed. I have seen IXs using the 5 speed post much faster times than those using a 6 speed. If the new 5sp shifts as good as the 6sp I may not bother with the MR.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:14 PM

Just picked up a GG 06 MR and I concur with the other posters.
The MR is a value when you consider the amount of upgrades over the IX
- 6-speed
- Rock solid Bilstein shocks
- Gauge Cluster
- Aluminum Shift knob and carbon graphite e-brake
- Vortex Generator and wicker bill on spoiler
- BBS Rims
- sweet HID standard
Old Feb 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BigEasy0420
Just picked up a GG 06 MR and I concur with the other posters.
The MR is a value when you consider the amount of upgrades over the IX

- Rock solid Bilstein shocks
Just so you know the Bilsteins shocks on the MR are softer the KYB (stock) shocks on the RS and GSR (base). Thats why the bilsteins are better, they keep the tire in contact with the road better then the KYBs.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jeccL
I have talked to some people about what the difference is between the EVO IX and the EVO MR Edition. People I have talked to is that the MR has mods done to it out of the dealer and there is not much else to do to it but a boost controller. Is this true?
Cuz I love my EVO IX and the MR looks cool too. Please leave comments and clarify.
Thanks
Dude, looking at your sig, HKS 272/272 are on the way?
Then you better cancel that because there's no intake cam for the 9 by HKS yet.
Turbotrix has one, but not HKS.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evilbada whats up man.need to change that sig.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jeccL
OK...the MR comes with a sunroof am I correct? or no?

And, so just making this clear. I can mod the MR as good as the IX and should have no problems with mods right? Just clarifying this becuase people I talk to are pretty ****in stupid and are jealous I have an EVO! And tehre are no good shops in or around Milwaukee. =\

Edit: Also what colors does the MR Come in? Grey and White?
Do you really own a IX? Any Evo owner would know that, The MR has an Aluminum roof and does not support the Heavy Sunroof. That's why the steel roof is the only one that has the option of a Sunroof. You can mod the IX RS, GSR, MR anyway you want and get no problems...the colors for the MRs are as follows, Grey, White, Red, Silver. You can also get the Grey as a IX GSR color now...
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:49 PM

NO I dont have a IX yet. I can buy one anytime I want . I am just stuck deciding what I really want. I dont want to buy something right away and feel like I didnt make the right decision.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Well your claiming a IX already with your Sig. Besides...if your looking at a IX MR...TB is not for you. What's you personal preference? HIDs? Sunroof? 1/4 Mile?

My Personal Preference was HIDs w/Fog, and a Sunroof...all that other stuff is no use to me. Had to get SSL for it. 13.4 1/4 Mile with all this Extra Baggage with Rev Limiter Intact. I can probably break Low 13's if I disconnect the Limiter but i didnt know how to do it until I remembered there was a post on it. If you want to break 12s Any other IX will Break 12s without the SSL. Check up on the Drag Forums...there are plenty of IXs in the 12s Stock.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 09:22 PM

I've decided I want to buy the IX with SSL. Ive got about 10k in my other bank account i plan on using on mods after my break in period. Now I have to just decide what color I want.Im thinking either white or black
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Im in Milwaukee. Ive got a IX MR. The way to go if you can afford it. Remeber guys, its not all about drag racing. Big improvement over the non-MR. This car is what I found to be the best bang for the buck when considering 4 doors, AWD, HP, MPG, weight and handling. And most importantly, aftermarket support.

Not to mention how much better the MR holds value and they're way more exclusive.

Stay away from the leather either way. The stock seats are a lot gripper on clothes than smooth leather, hold you in better.

I got mine for 36K. $0 down, $600/month. And its the shiznickle.

My only mods are HKS drop in, a EBAY 3" TBE, and a Forge MBC. Its sick for under $500, and Im no car newbie.

Just waiting to do a reflash, then Im done.

Quick Reply: IX vs MR