Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IX vs MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just took delivery of my GG IX MR and couldn't be happier! I havent driven the 5 speed, but reviews have said the MR's 6 speed is smoother. As far as I know all the Evos have a top speed limiter at 155mph unless you get dynoflashed or other type of ECU reprogramming that that removes the top speed limiter- if you are having a hard time deciding you should check out www.mitsubishimotors.com and compare all 3 Evo models (RS,GSR,MR) side-by-side with the equipment that is standard/and or available on all of them and see whats best for you. The RS is stripped down and a bit lighter, but you cant get power windows and door locks, doesnt come with a spoiler, no ABS, no rear wing unless you pay to upgrade it, door handles and mirrors are black and you can only get it in red or white. the GSR is more civilized, but you cant add HID as a single option, or add just the sunroof without the HIDs... you can buy the $3500 (roughly) option that includes the sunroof, 350 watt stereo, HIDs, leather, aluminum pedals ,etc, and you will be up to about $35K... just slightly less than an MR. the MR came with everything I wanted and none of the stuff I didnt, so the choice was easy.... just not as easy on my wallet
Old Mar 3, 2006, 01:39 PM

Thanks for helpign me out.

BTW Ldoggydizzle where you in in milwaukee? Maybe when i get my car we can meet up PM Me or something
Old Mar 11, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

IMO if u're gonna mod the evo, get the GSR. the price difference btwn the 2 is enough to make the gsr insane. only way i'd get the MR is if i'm gonna stay stock. but who gets an Evo to stay stock?