Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

IX vs MR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IX vs MR

I have talked to some people about what the difference is between the EVO IX and the EVO MR Edition. People I have talked to is that the MR has mods done to it out of the dealer and there is not much else to do to it but a boost controller. Is this true?
Cuz I love my EVO IX and the MR looks cool too. Please leave comments and clarify.
Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

to be totally honest man i have drove a 03, 04 rs, 05 mr, and a IX mr and my IX and i honestly can't tell that much a difference at all from a Ix or VIII to a mr... Mr's seem to shift smoother to me but thats it no more speed.... Rs is def a lil faster... but i got a TB IX with SSL just cause nothin is more pimp than black on black leather with a sunroof and a good system. plus its fast anyways..Trust me tho if anybody says that MR are noticably faster than a regular IX they are full of it.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 12:54 PM

k thanx for clearign that up cant wait to get my ****in mods for my IX
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:03 PM

mr comes with a 6 speed transmission
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Nice like to see your rollin in the black IX as well....thats a mean lookin beast when its comin down the road at you.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

MR has a 6 speed, bilstein shocks, and the "zero lift kit" which is the vortex generator on the roof and a lip on the spoiler

performance wise they are the same engine
Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E VOL IX
Trust me tho if anybody says that MR are noticably faster than a regular IX they are full of it.
IX MR will be faster than a regular IX. Your SSL add even more weight wherer as MR has aluminum roof and lighter wheels. At speeds over about 107mph the MR will pull away b/c it has 5th and 6th as opposed to just 5th. So yes the MR is faster.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Only the RS and MR have the aluminum roof panel, which shaves off an additional 26.4 lbs according to the brochure. Even the IX's without the sunroof still have a steel panel instead of aluminum. The only way to get the HID headlights on a IX (besides an MR where they come standard on every one) is to get the package including the leather, sunroof and HIDs, which adds over 60 lbs to the car, most of which is from the sunroof which is adding weight in the worst possible location in terms of center of gravity. Plus that option package prices the car just barely under the price of the MR, where for just a little more you get the Bilstein struts, color matched vortex generator, 6-speed, wicker-bill on spoiler, forged BBS wheels, carbon fiber E-brake handle, etc.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

My whole point is that only the RS feels faster than the other two....the way i see it if you want straight up performance with the sleepr look go with a RS....the regular look just plain IX......the luxury IX SSL....and the exclusivity the 6 speed and bbs wheels go with the MR...... the truth is the MR does not what so ever feel faster than a regular IX
Old Feb 26, 2006, 03:30 PM

The difference in basically in the suspension and the transmission. Whoever told you there are no mods to do is full of it because the engine is the same as the IX and RS.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Damn, no good info here.....

1)There MR has no extra "mods" from the dealer, unless you count the MR stuff as "mods".
The MR has aluminum roof (RS, too), 6 speed, BBS rims, Blisten shocks, zero list package, and MR package (aluminum shifter and E-brake, Vortex genrator)

2) the aluminum roof takes off 8.8 lbs, not 26.4lbs. 26.4lbs. is what the aluminum roof, fenders, hood, when compared to similar engningeeruing methods (read the fine print at the bottom). Anyways the aluminum roof weights 8.8lbs. less then the regular IX (GSR) roof w/o SSL.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 04:46 PM

OK...the MR comes with a sunroof am I correct? or no?

And, so just making this clear. I can mod the MR as good as the IX and should have no problems with mods right? Just clarifying this becuase people I talk to are pretty ****in stupid and are jealous I have an EVO! And tehre are no good shops in or around Milwaukee. =\

Edit: Also what colors does the MR Come in? Grey and White?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

I LOVE my IX
the MR is over priced
Old Feb 26, 2006, 04:58 PM

Just get a IX and get lighter wheels and you'll be equal or what I believe even better than mr.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

I think the MR shifts a whole lot better, rides much better and has the most top end speed. Power being the same, the MR will start to walk a IX or RS as speeds increase. You actually save money getting an MR, you get some of the best wheels out there (4k), a slick 6 speed (4k), best lighting( HIDs) (don't know what they cost but I'm sure they are $$ not to mention installing HIDs) as for the rest of the stuff you could do better with aftermarket. As for the zero lift kit, alot of people put on the Vortex Generater, why? Cuz they look badass

As far as what color to get, GG is the best way to go since it will match the BBS wheels, together the package looks perfect

I will say though, the IXs with the SLL package look and smell much better on the inside and the moon roof brightens thing up as well. I like the WW IXs with SLL Did I metion I have not decided which one to get

Last edited by rodman; Feb 26, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Quick Reply: IX vs MR