Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

are there many evo I,II,III, IV, V & VI owners in the US?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i imported this evo 3 and the gts at the same time for my self
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celm
so far the car is stock.i havent done anything yet except change the plugs and oil.but motor wise you can get away using the turbo 2nd gen eclipse parts.and the body parts are 94 mirage s 4 door
Thanks
I just wanted someone who could confirm the compatibility of the parts.

Their motors stock only are rated at around 210 or so while ours are 260 up I think.

DO you know if the 2G down pipe will fit. I mainly want to do simple mods and that seems like a good place to start.

WADAD
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and I need to get rid of this fugly exhaust.

WADAD
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Evo 1-3 = look for parts from DSM bin.

As for exhaust - I have no idea. Is the piping shaped for the mirage or DSM? More likely a 4g mirage.

BTW: what year is your Evo 2? It might fall in the 3g mirage category.

Last edited by bahamut; Jun 25, 2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bahamut
Evo 1-3 = look for parts from DSM bin.

As for exhaust - I have no idea. Is the piping shaped for the mirage or DSM? More likely a 4g mirage.
I can't check since I no longer live in the US.

If I have to order anything from JAPAN then there goes the modding

It's a 1994 EVO2
WADAD
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
I can't check since I no longer live in the US.

If I have to order anything from JAPAN then there goes the modding

It's a 1994 EVO2
WADAD
also use this forum.alot of people accualy did the full evo 3 conversion from mirage.i mean RHD,AWD etc.. the works

http://67.15.109.176/phpBB2/portal.php
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Right back where I started in 1999 when I had a 1.5L mirage...The Mirage forums

Thanks for the link

WADAD
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
That is so not true. Because a USDM VIII passes crash tests does not mean earlier models will, different countries have different regulations, older cars weren't built to current ratings. Even a JDM 2003 VIII would not pass.
Right, and you know everything... typical e-net muscle flex. I would go to the nhsta website and find the paragraph where it talks about this very issue, but I am too lazy and don't really care what you think. This issue came up several times with the skyline import early on because people tried to use this very clause to comparing the skyline to the 240 and 300z.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

legalize??? just import it, swap vins with a mirage or galant... hello BMV!!
Old Jun 26, 2006, 03:26 PM
Account Disabled

no need to swap vin.i title it with the non 17 digit vin it has
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hel_if_ino
Right, and you know everything... typical e-net muscle flex.
That is just what I have heard.
Wait... what? Because I dispute something you say, something you admit you aren't sure of - I am an ethug who knows everything?
I would go to the nhsta website and find the paragraph where it talks about this very issue, but I am too lazy and don't really care what you think.
You're too lazy to prove the BS that you heard secondhand. I guess all of us will wait here with bated breath until you find the time.
This issue came up several times with the skyline import early on because people tried to use this very clause to comparing the skyline to the 240 and 300z.
The keyword is tried. Bringing over a totally different car and trying to classify it as something else that isn't even similar is illegal. That's the man reason Motorex is shut down and the only cars currently legal right now are R33's because thats the only one they actually crashed. U.S cars meet US regulations and that's it. JDM cars do not unless proven so. R33's were proven as such, nothing else was.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jun 26, 2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by EvoBig16G
I guess you're the retard now dumba$$.

check this Miragevolution out. This is a Mirage with a right hand drive conversion and Evo motor and AWD drivetrain.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=192173
WOW my respects to you (hands down)
but can't see to find the time and efford it would take to do a complete conversion why could't the owner of that car just imported an Evo??? it would of probably been a bid easier and more precise than the conversion (maybe)??
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:01 PM

the only thing that hasn't been changed is the winshield wipers on that mirage a.k.a. (evo)
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:49 PM

Thumbs up

nice cars, nice cars.
I'd love to test drive an evo3 RS, out of all the evo's it seems like that would be the one that fits my spartan loving tastes the best.
I would like IM you and ask what you have done to get them here but do to the fact that I'm still just a poor college student it would be a waste of your time. However I am curious on how how you would compare your evo's(1,2 or 3) compared to the newer ones. Only vehicle I have drivin that could even be remotely comparable to them is an AWD first gen DSM.
Also, what likely hood is there of getting say an Evo3 RS in LHD?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Wait... what? Because I dispute something you say, something you admit you aren't sure of - I am an ethug who knows everything?

You're too lazy to prove the BS that you heard secondhand. I guess all of us will wait here with bated breath until you find the time.

The keyword is tried. Bringing over a totally different car and trying to classify it as something else that isn't even similar is illegal. That's the man reason Motorex is shut down and the only cars currently legal right now are R33's because thats the only one they actually crashed. U.S cars meet US regulations and that's it. JDM cars do not unless proven so. R33's were proven as such, nothing else was.
Quote from NHSTA website:

Under the contract, the RI will modify the vehicle and certify that it conforms to all applicable FMVSS. Before an RI can modify a vehicle, NHTSA must have determined that the vehicle is eligible for importation based on its capability of being modified to conform to all applicable FMVSS. If no determination has been made, the RI must petition NHTSA to determine whether the vehicle is eligible for importation. If the petitioned vehicle is not similar to one sold in the U.S., this process can become very complex and costly. A list of vehicles that have been determined eligible for importation can be found on NHTSA’s web site at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import.

More can be found here: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...t01092006.html

Now, go ahead and dissect that one, and I will find some more information for you after you reply with all the sarcasm you can gather up. The process is not black and white, and can be left up to interpretation, but I think with a vehicle that does conform to all U.S. standards (VIII) can be used to for comparison to something like maybe an EVO VI or above, I don't know for sure but, if someone wants it bad enough they have options.

Last edited by hel_if_ino; Jun 28, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: are there many evo I,II,III, IV, V & VI owners in the US?