Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

turbo smart bov

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo smart bov

does anyone know what the turbo smart bov is like. I am looking for the loud sound and my buddy told me that this one is the one for me. It is dual port so it recirculates and vta. Since it does both its not gonna be as loud as a hks is it.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know what it sounds like but here is a brand new flame suit for you to wear
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastassfourdoor
does anyone know what the turbo smart bov is like. I am looking for the loud sound and my buddy told me that this one is the one for me. It is dual port so it recirculates and vta. Since it does both its not gonna be as loud as a hks is it.
\

I have it and it works great...and is very loud, maybe more loud than HKS
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

I had it on my 05 ' but could never got the thing to work right. I tried the VTA as well as the fully recirculate but found that it didnt hold boost to well I sold it and now have a MR BOV which holds boost great
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:13 AM

yea remember, a loud BOV is illegal to have on this site!!!! everyone gets their panties in a bunch, when you ask about using a loud bov which is apparently the most ricey thing gayest thing you can do to your car....good luck on this one

oh yea i dont know how it sounds
Old Apr 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Well I think the whole rice thing is a bit overboard. But if you want to avoid getting flamed, dont say you want this bov because it is loud, say you want it because it holds boost better than the stock one and really in your mind you know why you want it. As for this particular bov, I remember back when I was researching to get one I looked into this one and even though it is a dual port, people had nothing but trouble with it. Even fully recirculated some people had stalling problems just as bad as fully vta. I finally went with the APS. I have never heard anything bad about this one. Some people say it isnt loud but I think any louder and it would be annoying. Every single time I shift everybody walking on the sidewalk or in a parking lot immediately turns and looks. Its actually pretty darn loud and more importantly it holds boost great and the car runs like stock. Just my opinion though.