Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Injen Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the best thing to do now is get an intake that works with the pipes and then get a tune as soon as possible. To get the most out of it. Then do the reasearch and make a plan on how to proceed from here. You have already spent the money for the parts you have and there is no reason to sell them and take a loss. These parts may not net you huge gains now but they all add up in the long run. I see from your post this is just a stage of tune not the end product. Call injen and ask them what intakes ate compatable.
Old May 4, 2006, 04:30 PM

Called Injen and they were not sure what intakes will work with the pipes. Therefore I am searching on what intake system will work with the pipes. So far I have read one of the forums that the HKS RS works with the pipes not sure to believe that or not.Other than that I haven't heard of anything else. Worst case scenario is to purchase the Injen take which means spending a couple hundred dollars more or modifying the aem intake to work with the pipes. Lesson learned here is I purchased intercooler pipes not knowning if the aftermarket intake will be compatible.
Old May 4, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Next lesson to learn is that no IC pipes are worth any of this trouble, so sell them and use the money towards useful mods like mbc, fuel pump, or a flash.
Old May 4, 2006, 10:24 PM

Oh okay just sell them just like that huh and lose all that hard earned money.That's BS! I have a mbc and upgraded fuel pump already.I damn aware of the mods that I need to get for my evo 9. I guess you dont' comprend what I am trying to do here. If you read the previous post you would know what I mean. Regardless if the money was well spent or not.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
fez

Question did you have any success

Hi there
I'm in the Uk
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread
But I'm trawling the web as Im in the same boat as you
did you have any success finding an inlet pipe that was compatible with the Injen hard pipe kit
Warrtalon
You said "you can definately get the inlet pipe only"
Is this correct as I can only find the full Inlet and Upper pipe kit
Seem a bit daft selling to different kits with some parts doubling up
Any how thanks for any info.
Paul (in the UK)