Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Injen Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2006, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit

What intake system besides the Injen will be compatible with the Injen intercooler hard pipe kit? I just installed it today and it will not work with my AEM intake.Well anyways, I am going to call some performance shops tommorrow to see if I can just purchase the Injen take without the uip since I have it already.
Any tips or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Old May 1, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly, going through so much trouble for an intake is not worth it. You're worrying about mods that don't even help. Your IX deserves better.

You can definitely buy the Injen intake by itself.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

around here it's get Buschur or die!

Get what you want as long as it;s good and it works......
Old May 1, 2006, 10:25 PM

So what are some alternatives then since I spent that hard earned money.I hate to put my stock intercooler pipes back and just put back the aem intake.later planning to do a flash after a fmic.
Old May 1, 2006, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

You plan to do a flash AFTER an FMIC later? Ok, well, you haven't done any homework on your awesome IX and are just messing it up. If you're interested in having a fast, reliable, properly-running Evo, let me know. I'm going to stop now before I start hurling derogatory remarks that get me in trouble.
Old May 2, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

^ basically he is indirectly telling you to get his package. Why do you plan on getting a FMIC anyway...there are other mods you could get before that. Look if you want help WR can help you...very knowledgeable man.

Last edited by AtO-MiX; May 2, 2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 2, 2006, 05:38 PM

I have most of the bolt ons already for stage 1.I have the full 3" turbo back,mbc,and the factory turbo boost gauge kit. All I'm missing is the flash. Also I added a 255lph Walbro fuel pump and aem intake which now will not work with my Injen intercooler pipes.I am aware about the flash and amazing gains that an evo 9 can get. People have told over and over to get the flash...I get the point. I will do the flash after I get some feed back on what to do about the Injen intercooler pipes!I've just spend a couple hundred dollars already on them pipes and what just to throw it all away.
Old May 2, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude sell your intake and get flashed. the intake does not help that much.
Old May 2, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stlthevo
I've just spend a couple hundred dollars already on them pipes and what just to throw it all away.
Gah!! Why are those so important? They don't even give any power gains!!
Old May 2, 2006, 08:56 PM

no gain huh?What you think of dyno numbers?Are they fairy tales or myths?
Old May 2, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

that dyno was taken after they tuned the evo probably, they just failed to mention it...
Old May 2, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

I said the IC pipes don't make any power. This "dyno sheet" has nothing to do with the pipes. It says "intake system only." This may include the pipes, but it doesn't prove that the pipes do anything. We all already know they don't make power, and if you really rely on what Injen posts themselves, then you are extremely foolish. I hope this isn't why so many people buy this Injen thing for $400. It's unbelievably expensive for what you get (or don't get).

Anyway, the intake portion CAN make power with a tune, but I certainly wouldn't be happy if my dynograph looked like this one anyway. It only gains power from 6000-6500rpm, and it loses 200rpm of spool. Did you think that graph showed something good? The power gains should be throughout the powerband with no loss in spool.
Old May 4, 2006, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you are set on keeping the Injen UICP then why not get their intake as well, if it makes you happy. Sell the AEM and buy an Injen intake. The gains of the UICP are minimal at best. In the end , and especially at your stage it is best to stick with the stock intake.

But, however, apparently you are one of those people that must be changing a good thing. The stock intake is said to be good for up to 400 WHP. I would just sell the intercooler pipe kit, and the AEM intake as well, get a K&N or Works drop-in, and get flashed and call it a day.

I am like you in that I have purchased a lot of useless aftermarket parts for my Evo. I have an HKS RS intake kit sitting here that I dont think I'll ever bother to put on my basically stock Evo. I mean what's the point..I just dropped in a K&N panel and called it a day.

Old May 4, 2006, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As for the Dyno proof...I think that Injen has an inhouse dyno with an Injen employee at the controls. It is not an independent dyno facility. There exists a vested interest in using the dyno results as subtle advertising in the magazine that ran the article and receives advertising dollars from Injen

And as Warrtalon notes...part of the gains on the dyno are attributable to the tuneup and not the part itself, that's the fudge factor.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

So what are some alternatives then since I spent that hard earned money.I hate to put my stock intercooler pipes back and just put back the aem intake.later planning to do a flash after a fmic.
I've always read that it's best to work mods from the back fo the car forward. As I see it, you can either buy more parts to stage up your car complete when you have the money leaving it stock for now... or you get the injen pipes and intake and get a tune to get the most out of it.

One person I know IRL has an evo with an intake and no tune and my car stock seemed much faster as stated by a neutral driver that had driven both.

You could also sell these parts on here or on ebay and plan out your mods a little better, without just jumping into it.

I planned and read for about 5 months before i purchased a single go fast mod.

Quick Reply: Injen Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit