Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Launching.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, it rained earlier in the day. I'm assuming my tires must have been still wet when i get off later that night. But i just got done practicing a few launches after work. Wooh, felt great. Nice and dry today. Quick question for any of the members. Any of you guys w/an Evogreen still on the stock clutch? Hoping to hit the track then swap mine out w/my Exedy twin HD.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hawaiian_evo
i got mine set at 5500

ah a 2 step.... a 2 step...
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled

you guys !!!dont!!! launch your evo, cause you r going to brake your TC(transfer case) or your clutch will go out on you. its not safe to launch an AWD car. think about it, you rev up to 5,000 rpm and drop the clutch. what happens is that power has to transfer to the back quickly,and the way it gets transfer is through the TC. and when u launch u r slowing breaking the TC, which u will probably have buy a new one. ask anybody that knows about AWD cars. or go the howstuffworks.com and click on auto and search for AWD drivetrain.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtmania02
you guys !!!dont!!! launch your evo, cause you r going to brake your TC(transfer case) or your clutch will go out on you. its not safe to launch an AWD car. think about it, you rev up to 5,000 rpm and drop the clutch. what happens is that power has to transfer to the back quickly,and the way it gets transfer is through the TC. and when u launch u r slowing breaking the TC, which u will probably have buy a new one. ask anybody that knows about AWD cars. or go the howstuffworks.com and click on auto and search for AWD drivetrain.

Dont drive your car fast around corners, it can wear out your tires! And don't brake quickly it can wear out your brakes! And put a towel over your seat or you might wear that out too! (/end sarcasm)

Listen, anyone who wants to know how to launch their car is planning to race it, if that person does not think that they will eventually brake something, or atleast wear something out, then they are an idiot.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

well...get a stronger TC..it has to be made to allow some type of torqued power threw it via a launch...why else would they put in a stock 2-step....
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gtmania02

if u launch it right then u wont break anything. the evo was meant to be race and driven hard. and who dumps the clutch anyways?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboRSX04
if u launch it right then u wont break anything. the evo was meant to be race and driven hard. and who dumps the clutch anyways?
ricers..
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

tastey!!!

Old Jun 7, 2007, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

ive tried one launch on my car since i got it and i was afraid to dump it or let it out too fast and i got the horrible burn smell.. kind of made me hesitant to try it again. i suppose ill have to give it a rip with just a fast, constant slip and see how she does. i dont plan to race or rip like that on a regular basis, but it would be nice to know how for those few rare occassions.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

How much do you have to worry about your tranny blowing. Im just worried when i launch it and just see pieces of my tranny bouncing down the road behind my car. I rarely rarely launch it. If im at the track a will but im still nervous about breaking something.

Last edited by V8eatr; Jun 7, 2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sharkm87
ricers..
im a ricer because i launch my car from a stop? 1st of all i only launch my car once a while when i do some dig runs thats it.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboRSX04
im a ricer because i launch my car from a stop? 1st of all i only launch my car once a while when i do some dig runs thats it.
the initial question was who dumps there clutch anyway...not who launches there car...so you are a ricer if you dump your clutch!! yes, i said it you ricer!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sharkm87
the initial question was who dumps there clutch anyway...not who launches there car...so you are a ricer if you dump your clutch!! yes, i said it you ricer!
i dont dump my clutch i slip it