Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Whats the best color for the 9?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think is easiest to keep clean cause Im gonna be driving it through the winter, black is pretty much out of the question, it looks awesome but after one winter in MA it will probably never look the same.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ThunderOZRacer
Ok...heres a break down (according to the brochore I got from the dealership):

RS: Phoenix red and Igloo white

IX: Labrador black pearl, Electric blue pearl, Phoenix red, Cool silver metalic, Graphite gray pearl, and Igloo white

MR: Electric blue pearl, Pheonix red, Cool silver metallic, Graphite grey pearl, Igloo white
PRETTY sure the MR doesn't come in electric blue. unless it's something new for the IX.5 SE.

As far as electric blue being a "smurf" ride, you're a retard. maybe the BBY was smurffy, but the electric blue is damn sexy. black is too hard to keep clean (last two cars have been black) and you can see webs the easiest.

It was between white and blue for me. gg is played out to the max. i see that color or a similar color on every make and model car on the road these days.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:26 AM

Black looks really nice on the evo, but will show every imperfection really easy, silver is the cleanest looking, but myself i like the gg.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63EVO9
What do you think is easiest to keep clean cause Im gonna be driving it through the winter, black is pretty much out of the question, it looks awesome but after one winter in MA it will probably never look the same.
white is probably the easiest to keep clean b/c you can't really see dust/dirt unless it's REALLY dirty. but then again, lots of people feel white is the "cheap" color for cars. i still like white though. wonder why i never see white ferrari's running around :T
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

As far as electric blue being a "smurf" ride, you're a retard. maybe the BBY was smurffy, but the electric blue is damn sexy. black is too hard to keep clean (last two cars have been black) and you can see webs the easiest.
lol sorry to all the EB owners/fans about the smurf comment.

But i do agree about the black being hard to keep clean. My car is always garaged and I use my company vehicle and my crotch rocket during the week and somehow its always dirty by friday night just sitting in the garage lol
but it looks bit**en when clean
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

GG is nice, but if you want a JDM rear, then you have to repaint it since they dont come in GG... How come they dont have yellow IX's in the US? I think yellow actually looks alot nicer on IX's than VIII's
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

I had a tough choice of GG, White or EB. After seeing all the colors personally at SC when buying my car the GG took the cake. I didn't even look at EB for more than 3 seconds and I thought I was going to get EB after seeing them online. Anything with a pearl look makes the car look less "cheap econobox" looking imo... Don't have to maintain it enough too.. it's like in between silver and black... but it is getting quite common

Also my boss loves my new evo (she likes american and bmw cars) especially the color.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

When I was at the dealership, I could'nt keep my eyes off the EB... but after 10 min of thinking, I decided to go with the less flashy color so I got the GG
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:03 PM

white or black
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:10 PM

my first option was gg then at South Coast Mitsubishis back lot I
saw in the corner of my eye the electric blue GSR and I was hooked
shes a week old at 300 miles soon to carve local canyons
I gots more pics but files are too large hands are kinda tied up
at work

Chris A.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the best color for the 9?-228-2854_img.jpg  

Last edited by Twinz Evo 9; Jun 2, 2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

GG o course...thats what I have but looks good and looks good with CF, also mine is NOT an MR the dealer is a dip$hit
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:06 PM

i think as of now blue is like a rare color for the evo 9 i live in nj and i got a blue one now and im like the only one within 40miles with a blue lol i hope but it took me 6 weeks to get the blue
Old Jun 2, 2006, 04:20 PM

I had narrowed it down to either white or grey on my MR.

Went with white because I think it works better with all the trim and carbon fiber pieces (makes a nice contrast where the grey just seems to all blend together for me).

Also, it seemed like everyone and they're brother was getting grey, so I wanted to be a little different (although white is probably the 2nd most popular color on the MR... )

Truthfully, I've never seen another Evo on the road, and I've actually only seen two others in person: a used black '04 at a dealership and another '06 white MR at the auto show, so I don't profess to know how good the rest of the colors look in person.

All I can say is that a clean white MR = pure sex!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Went with Wicked White and am thrilled with it! )
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

GG or White are the colors I was looking for on my IX. I ended up with the Grey cause the white was a PIA to find. I kind of wanted the grey more anyway, but the lack of available white ones cemented the deal.

It does kind seem like the GG gets played on the internet. Around here their are NONE!! 2 GG's belong to my brother and me and a 3rd guy has the other grey MR. Other than that (in this city) we have a white VIII MR, like 2 EB, 3 yellows, and like 4-5 silvers. So around here grey is the rare color.

I love the way the grey looks after a good wash and detail!!