Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My red beast

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My red beast

Hi, I just bought 03 red evo
As I was told it had a 2.3 stroker, Garet turbo I have no idea which 1, DC exhaust, K&N intake. triple plate clutch, it has turbo timer, and a/f guage, and I guess a manual boost controler, I have no idea how all of that works, I was also told it had over 450hp I have a dyno sheet from TT, and my audio doesn't work
Here are some pix, any help will help a lot, either with parts I have and how they work... THNX!!... and if I need something that would be great

Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice!! how much$$$
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah... how much did you pay !
Old Jun 24, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! Well, how does it feel??
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

No 1 will ever believe.... 23.200 hahaha
bought off a dealership they thought they made a great deal on me ( 03 evo with almost 60k miles on it) some guy traded it in (are freaking kidding me?) it was a mitsu & vw dealer ship.... what can you get better then evo like that at that dealership... well I don’t know or do I care???

how does it feel??? Its loud, and my neighbors already start hating it, might get high flow cats, any ideas how to reduce the sound a lil?....and I used to have 350Z automatic.... enough said...
I'm like really over exited, its like winning a lottery lol, I was looking for evo for 1month and bam... everything I wanted in evo, in perfect condition...

and now back on topic.... any 1 can identify some parts I didn't mention before (or name of the turbo) and explain me how to use that boost control (searched on google and on their web site, couldn't find anything useful) and do I need a gauge that shows PSIs? Should I get Apexi? and I think my a/f ratio is a lil off, its somewhere around 12.6 idling. Planing on visiting TT in a week or so, to make sure my red beast is running safe.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Wow

OH MY...........You bought an 03 Evo with 60k miles and all those upgrades? I hope you have money..........That is alot of miles on an Evo....You know somone beat the shyte out of it especially with those upgrades......Looks real nice though I have the same year and color. The audio not working would have thrown up the first flag to me........I hope you don't have an electrical prob........you could really fry the car up. I would have takin it to a mechanic before buying it and had them scope it out.
Secondly....you bought this car with all those upgrades and you don't know how to use it? Thats like a 16 year old who just learned to drive getting a ferrari.........I hope you don't kill youself, especially if this beast is running and tuned right. PM me with you upgrades and I will help you out as much as I can.
I am not trying to be mean, it just with this type of car you really need to stop and think. It took me three to find an 03 evo that wasn't ruined or beat.

Dante`
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
True that 60k is very risky.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

It looks extremly clean outside and inside (no cheaping paint, front bumper looks clean to) I had a friend who is a dealer, he took a look at at the car, he head a thing that checks if the car was repainted, if it was damaged or not. and it was probably abused alot (with mods like that), but for the price I payed for it, I'm extremly glad I did. If I would have the money I would buy a stock evo and do the upgrades myself, but this 1 had all the upgrades I would never put in. And how would I know when all of those upgrades were done? maybe at 40K, you never know. Dynos were 2/6/06 maybe this when he got a stroker and turbo... I mean something you will never know, or TT has all the info in their achive.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

It's ok with 60k miles, as long as it was taken care of, I mean a 450whp EVO, I'd take it in a heart beat, although I do like my IX. Take it to Turbo Trix and make sure it is running fine, people act like an EVO with 60k miles is dead in the water, why do you guys think that, the EVO engine is rock solid, the tranny may be a problem, but it's already upgraded, and honestly an EVO with 20-30k miles and 300-350whp can have just as many tranny issues.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

It runs great and turns head, and I love that loud BOW (HKS), but I have a problem my rpms don't go higher then 5K I mean u can hear the turbo spool up like after 3-3.5 rpms, and the power build up and then when u hit the 5K rpm bow goes off, its like fuel cuts off, I mean it sux, and you have to switch gear and I want to take it to the red line so bad...well I don't know how to use boost controller it may solve that, taking it to my buddies shop for inspection and see if he can help me out with that and audio. Defiantly getting a PSI gauge and I might get high flow cat, did get any negative comments on the loud exhaust yet.

By the way can some1 tell me the name of the turbo I'm using?

Last edited by NRGotenks; Jun 25, 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very nice evo! this is the one that was on ebay a while back right?? click here for ebay link good luck!!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

omg he mentioned the BOV. i really wasnt expecting it this time. but its ok at least the car is fast and not stock with an aftermarket BOV. good find man. i bet that thing rips.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NRGotenks
It runs great and turns head, and I love that loud BOW (HKS), but I have a problem my rpms don't go higher then 5K I mean u can hear the turbo spool up like after 3-3.5 rpms, and the power build up and then when u hit the 5K rpm bow goes off, its like fuel cuts off, I mean it sux, and you have to switch gear and I want to take it to the red line so bad...well I don't know how to use boost controller it may solve that, taking it to my buddies shop for inspection and see if he can help me out with that and audio. Defiantly getting a PSI gauge and I might get high flow cat, did get any negative comments on the loud exhaust yet.

By the way can some1 tell me the name of the turbo I'm using?

lol, wtf did you get yourself into.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

yup thats the evo, I wouldn't probably buy it before I took a look at it, it was like 35min away, I saw it like at 10-11pm the day they posted it, and in the morning I was there at dealer ship + it looks way better in real life than on pictures

Any ideas on the turbo it has on it (It says Garet M12 or 14 something A??? I'll take a better look tom. I'm trying to make a list of the mods it has and see how much it would've cost me to put it all together.

Post above. Well I think its not a big deal, becous it the same thing happens in every gear, so I'm sure its fixible. And audio is not a big issue too, it use to have a sub in the trunk and it still has all the wires ready. So I think something has to do with that. It has an sony exploid CD deck that is xm ready, and plays mp3. Defently better than the stock 1.

I'm not disapointed in any way of my purchase, as soon as I think of the exhaust note and BOV, and power it has. I forget about everything .... or maybe not

Last edited by NRGotenks; Jun 25, 2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Just look on Garret's website or call them.

Dante

Quick Reply: My red beast