Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Soon to be Evo 9 owner, just checkin in.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be Evo 9 owner, just checkin in.

Hey all my names Tyler, I currently drive a 1999 Z28 Camaro. Its supercharged with some minor bolt ons makin 383RWHP and 399RWTQ. Here is how I came about with the idea/plan on getting my 9. My dad really wants to relive his 80's and get either a 85-87 Porsche 911 or 930 wide body turbo or something of that nature. He currently has 2 cars and is selling one of them. I strait up told him ill give him my car so he can sell it and get more money so he will have enough between the two cars to get one w/o having to take out a loan from the bank. He then said you can drive my truck for a while and I at him. His truck a 94 Silverado with 250k+ miles on it...he said he would get it repainted and throw a LT1 engine(93-97Z28 engine) in it which does work(ive done research). I said how about instead of paying for a new engine and paint job just take that money and put it in a down payment in a new car. He asked what kind...I told him Lancer. He then at me. So we went down to the local dealer and got to test drive a Evo 9 that had 4 miles on it. The guy at the dealer said drive it like I stole it which I didnt really because I respect cars and that could be somebodys someday and I wouldnt want somebody to drive the crap out of my future car. My dad literally right then and there when we got on the freeway gave me the . Hopefully it will happen this month or next month, just have to wait for dad to find his Porsche.

Now for the record as far as paying for the car no daddy will not be paying for the car. My car is basically a 13k down payment as well as ill be making the rest of the car payments on the car.

Ive thought about getting a Evo 8 but I really want the 9 for all the upgrades they got compared to the 8.

I dont want to make it a high HP Evo, just a few mods to let it breath better. Ive heard the HKS RS intake is a good mod, but thats about as far as I have gotten into doing research. Any other mods that are good for the cars that wont void the warranty. Also, if I do end up getting an exhaust I want something with a low tone, nothing high and raspy. Any tips and ideas are great.

Thanks for listening to my long story, this looks like a great site and plan to stay around for a while.

Tyler
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Ill sell you my EVO 8 GSR..

PM if interested
Old Jul 7, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

for you and your dad
Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

get a flash from Al from dynoflash.com Its awesome. I have the flash with my hks intake and it drives fast and smooth.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Is a flash like a tuner? Be easy on me all this is new to me.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:11 AM

I just got a GG IX MR. i haven't even driven it yet. I'm deployed to Iraq right now. Good luck getting one.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

And good luck to you to, gods speed to you and all the other people in the forces.