Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

srt4 vs evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow some of you guys are idiots 13.8...lol and a stock 9 will keep up with your 8 if there is a decent driver...you probably are running 12.9's maybe. I ran a 12.9 bone stock in my nine and i am fat and over weight and a bad driver...common guys be realistic
Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 06evofiji
wow some of you guys are idiots 13.8...lol and a stock 9 will keep up with your 8 if there is a decent driver...you probably are running 12.9's maybe. I ran a 12.9 bone stock in my nine and i am fat and over weight and a bad driver...common guys be realistic
Please make quotes when saying that "you guys" are idiots. You basically just called out all of us!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tripperfx3
SRT-4's are torquey, but from a roll you should have no problem! From a dig might get you off the line cause dont the IX's have a limiter that keeps revs at 3k max in first? I have no problem with them with my 240 and look forward to seeing how my silver Evo 8 will do when i get it on Weds/Thurs!
3k isnt the max in first for launcing in a IX its 5k or even 5.5K is the Limit
Old Jul 16, 2006, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and once you are in first you can redline if you want too. its when you are in "N" the rev limiter is set around 5k or so. and damn this thread is hilarious.........i have never to this day lost to an srt4 wether it was from a roll or a dig. i catch up to alot of them with these loud *** BOV's and they just get embarrased. especially now i got my first upgrades they are not worth the gas anymore....
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by redevo8driver
are you serious with those statements? a 2005 srt4 AT THE CRANK is what you're comparing to. 2900 lbs vs 3219 lbs is a big difference 319 lbs is a huge deal that people would kill to make up for in the evo. dyno an awd car vs a fwd car and you'll see how much closer the hp at the wheels is and use those #'s vs the weights to determine the weight/hp ratio. at that point you'll notice they're almost identical and then you'll realize that 2.3L with drag gearing vs 2.0L with worse gearing for drag will overcome any minute power differences. My lightly modded VIII got pulled slightly after 60 mph by very lightly modded srt4's. The IX is not as fast as my car with my mods. by no way am I saying a stock srt4 will pull on a stock IX but if he has an intake and like I said had turned up the boost AT ALL then he will slowly pull away...

do you also believe that from a 60 mph roll that an evo will spank an s2000 because the s2000 has "way less power"??
Ok the first post said that all the srt4 had was an intake and a BOV, which to me basically means little if any power gains. And i've raced many srt4's with my evo 8 rs, and even from a roll there no where close. And yes I do believe that from a 60 mph roll an evo will absolutely rape an s2k. I've raced an s2k from a 70 mph roll and it wasnt even close. My only mod is a turbo back exhuast, so i cant imagine it would be too much faster than a stock IX so i have 100 percent confidence that the evo will pull on the srt4.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by <4G63>Inside
I think that will be my new quote in my sig! My SRT dynoed 234whp and 250+wtq STOCK! SRT's are very underrated from the factory. If the hp/tq #s are close, the SRT will pull an Evo from a roll. There is no "absolute" anything in any race!
ok well, im just saying the numbers that were given by the factory, 289 lbs/ft of torque for the EVO IX, 250 lbs/ft for the srt4. And no, stock and stock an srt4 will not pull, nor even keep up.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

^^^it will be close from a roll. i've raced 9's with my srt(stock) and beat em. but from a dig, now, thats a different story.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

yea ok wih 292 awhp you should be able to take stock or 'lightly modded' srt's
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Andrew1987
ok well, im just saying the numbers that were given by the factory, 289 lbs/ft of torque for the EVO IX, 250 lbs/ft for the srt4. And no, stock and stock an srt4 will not pull, nor even keep up.
well as for this statement hp #'s at the crank dont matter that is not what is used in weight/hp ratios nor is it what gets the car from pt a to pt b. The evo loses a lot more to the wheels than an srt4 does because of the drivetrain so the numbers are much closer than you think. and therefore when you calculuate the weight to hp ratio they're almost identical and because the srt4 is a much better high end car then yes it has the advantage from a roll. I've owned my car for almost 3 years now and every srt4 has given me a run whether I pulled on them or they pulled on me it was very close EVEN WITH MY LIGHT MODS

And yes I do believe that from a 60 mph roll an evo will absolutely rape an s2k. I've raced an s2k from a 70 mph roll and it wasnt even close. My only mod is a turbo back exhuast,
Haha again this proves that you're just talking out of your ***. Do you know how well made an s2k is and how little it loses to the wheels? Both of my friends stock s2k's dyno'd at 215 rwhp and 220 rwhp. Given maybe an evo will dyno on a good day at 240 awhp stock lets do some simple calculations (i'm a math teacher so i love #'s sorry). s2000 --> 2835lbs/220rwhp = 12.88 evo rs -->3219lbs/240awhp=13.41. Now given only that you can see who should come out on top BUT factor in the fact that the s2k is a very strong high end car for its power compared to the evo which is a good midrange not so much high end then from a 60 mph roll the s2k will pull as I've seen in many situations in both my and my good buddy's evo. Either way I'm just having fun arguing because well I have the summer off and frankly I'm really bored and even as an evo owner I just HATE when people underestimate the s2000 and srt4.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
crush SRT-4's all day any day from a dig or roll....enough said
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

lol good explanation I'm glad its that simple.

Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
crush SRT-4's all day any day from a dig or roll....enough said
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Stock for stock the Evo IX should be able to take an srt4 or s2k from a roll or dig. It will probably be close but 4th and 5th gears on the IXs are not to be taken lightly.

Also, we are talking about a modified srt4? My Evo IX dynoed at 311awhp and 295awtq with no tuning, tbe, intake, mbc ($1100)... Thats 3400lbs/311awhp~10.9 I believe.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Uhh... no offense, but s2k's do not run 12.88's stock.. 0-60 is in the mid 5's being generous.... high 13's again generous.... yes they have 240 stock crank hp, but 15x something... tq. Yes the s2k is a quick car, but the IX's are much more powerful not to mention they actually have more torque than my girlfriends 2.0 tiburon... While I respect both the srt-4 and the s2k.. They cannot keep up stock for stock from a small roll or a dig, unless the driver of the evo is a very bad driver.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Stock for stock an Evo should win against the Srt-4. Of course this all depends on the driver. My friend has a black Srt-4 with a TBE, MBC, Stage 2 clutch, and intake. He pulls on me by a lot. My evo is stock and from 2-3rd he's right next to me but from then on hes ahead of me. Btw, I am still amazed with his car because he also has 350 lb subs in the back and he still pulls on me.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by redevo8driver
well as for this statement hp #'s at the crank dont matter that is not what is used in weight/hp ratios nor is it what gets the car from pt a to pt b. The evo loses a lot more to the wheels than an srt4 does because of the drivetrain so the numbers are much closer than you think. and therefore when you calculuate the weight to hp ratio they're almost identical and because the srt4 is a much better high end car then yes it has the advantage from a roll. I've owned my car for almost 3 years now and every srt4 has given me a run whether I pulled on them or they pulled on me it was very close EVEN WITH MY LIGHT MODS

And yes I do believe that from a 60 mph roll an evo will absolutely rape an s2k. I've raced an s2k from a 70 mph roll and it wasnt even close. My only mod is a turbo back exhuast,
Haha again this proves that you're just talking out of your ***. Do you know how well made an s2k is and how little it loses to the wheels? Both of my friends stock s2k's dyno'd at 215 rwhp and 220 rwhp. Given maybe an evo will dyno on a good day at 240 awhp stock lets do some simple calculations (i'm a math teacher so i love #'s sorry). s2000 --> 2835lbs/220rwhp = 12.88 evo rs -->3219lbs/240awhp=13.41. Now given only that you can see who should come out on top BUT factor in the fact that the s2k is a very strong high end car for its power compared to the evo which is a good midrange not so much high end then from a 60 mph roll the s2k will pull as I've seen in many situations in both my and my good buddy's evo. Either way I'm just having fun arguing because well I have the summer off and frankly I'm really bored and even as an evo owner I just HATE when people underestimate the s2000 and srt4.
ok well i'm telling you i've raced many an s2k on the freeway and beat them so im not talking out of my ***. The evo IX out torques the f20 powered s2k by 136 lbs/ ft, you think that might possibly make a difference?? Why would I lie about beating an s2k? its not even that big of an accomplishment. I could have taken an s2k easily back when i had my e36 m3. Look at the trap speeds between the s2k and the evo in the 1/4 mile, the evo will trap much higher than the s2k over and over again. Not to mention if your gonna talk about high end, i've gotten my evo up to 155 no problem, lets see an s2k push past 150, it's not gonna happen stock.

Quick Reply: srt4 vs evo 9