Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.
View Poll Results: what color should i get/ do you reccomend
Graphite Gray
39.78%
Tarmac Black
40.86%
Apexi SIlver
19.35%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

what color should i get???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda agree with gatorade and i have my own reasons but man if you know for a fact that you can afford the car then go for it but believe me i got my car at 19 and thaught i could aford it no problem but was i in a world of hurten. After a couple of years i am finally making my car payment, insurance, gas, food, house payment, house ins, electric, water, and all that other little stuff that you have to pay to make it in this world. You have to remember that once you move out on your own you are going to have a hell of alot more bills and you will probably still be paying on your car. Like i said if you can afford it then go for it and enjoy having an evo at your age that you payed for yourself. GG is the color you should go for.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

1 accident wont raise your rates but rather my rate ....stupid-***
Old Jul 20, 2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by EVOIXMR8916
1 accident wont raise your rates but rather my rate ....stupid-***
Who are you talking to??????? I sure hope its not me cause i said nothing about your accidents
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:22 PM
Account Disabled

He was talking to me. And yes, it will not..but its a continuing cycle of idiot kids like you that want 35K+ cars with little or no driving experience then end up raising the insurance rates because of your stupidity. Don't b!tch at me because im telling you different, which is really right. But hey im not your mother, you make your own decisions and if its getting an IX SE and falling into a money pit...then go for it...btw don't call me a stupid-*** ive seen kids at your age say this SAME EXACT **** on Supraforums countless times...dont b.s me...cause all im hearing is blah blah blah IX blah SE blah blah what color blah blah...
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:41 PM
Yur
Evolving Member

Get any color but Apex Silver.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm feeling gatorade on this one...I don't know what your personal situation is, but 17yo and posting threads about what car you should get and what color evo you should get I think that pretty much sums it up about maturity level...and i can't believe a 17yo would be able to hold down a NEW Evo w/ the way prices are going up these days...Sorry about the flame man, but...

"The truth can be pain,but I hate to do it...you either face the music, or get away from me stupid" - slug
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

must be nice 16 and brand new evo
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:22 PM

why is everybody hating . if the man wants to get an evo let him get an evo. whatever u tell him wont change his mind so who gives a rat F*CK. you guys are getting way too personal with this stuff. just let the man be . like he was ever gonna listen to u anyways.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

All the haters sound like the hosts of a weekday afternoon show like maury, montel, dr. phil, etc. The thread wasn't named "Hey give me a life lesson and being an *** to me is a plus" Next time you should name the thread "What color is the best?" so haters won't blab on and on.

Gatorade, shouldn't your name be Haterade?
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

No 16 year old can afford an evo, period.

Honestly, I dont mind that you can get one, but I hate when people of that age act like they can afford it. The car payment, insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. - is simply impossible for someone of that age. Just do the math and it becomes obvious. Obviously, to even get a DECENT loan APR, you have to cosign with your parents, which immediately ruins your argument.

So I guess the point im making is: enjoy the evo, dont act like you can afford it, and please dont crash.

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention, TB for the win

Last edited by xenoturkey; Jul 21, 2006 at 12:35 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

what's with all the haters?
hey more power to young and MATURE evo owners...since this 16 year old is on these forums - it is likely that he does read the threads and learns from others' mistakes. in the early 90's when i had my supra i didnt know anything about forums like this - did they even exist? at any rate - driving responsibly on streets is paramount. lets not create division here - a well informed EVO driver makes us all look good.

those looking to buy an EVO - it's not just the car payment - be ready for high insurance, bad gas mileage, and changing fluids often...this is besides mods of course.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

this is a color thread isnt it?
i enjoy looking at my WW IX GSR all day...
but out of those three the GG is the smoothest!
Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:13 AM

I likes me the Gray color.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I say tarmac black. I'm another young evo owner (17 at time of purchase, 18 now), and a piece of advice i can give to you is if you want respect, you are definatley not going to find it by getting all pissed off at people for telling you mommy and daddy bought your car. I get that all the time, if you just let it go eventually it will stop. Be a proactive member of evom, dont crash your car, and ignore the haters. Good Luck w/ your purchase.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

since you're in his shoes why don't you further explain the cost of maintaining this car.

the 900 dollar tires that only last 15k miles. the 18 mpg on rediculously expensive gas every month. the warranty not getting covered after he breaks his clutch and can't afford to fix his car

theres nothing worse than paying for a car you can't drive

we have spoken to one mature kid on here who actually listened to us and told us thanks even though he really wanted an evo. he decided to wait because of us and he is probably enjoying life a lot lot more.

i used to make about 32k at my job and could barely get by having fun and affording this car. just got a promotion and making 45k a year now. nothing special but i'd say when you're making around 40k a year, is the best time to buy. don't be stupid and let jealously have its way with you. this car is a much bigger money pit than you ever dreamed. it will mostlikely ruin your last free years of your youth. best of luck with what ever you choose to do.

also of course don't wreck it because im sure you need to learn this lesson your self. its a tough one. but right on with graphite gray!

Quick Reply: what color should i get???