Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My god, it's driving me insane!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My god, it's driving me insane!!!

I posted on this before and I've read all the threads but I couldn't find any help....

There is a ticking, rattle, clicking, whatever you want to call it noise coming from my front end, seemingly more towards the passenger side of the car and underneath. At first I thought it was in the passenger dash but it started happening after I shut off my car, close a door or do anything to shake the car. Actually it was doing it one day when it was really windy out and the car was just sitting there.

I have done everything I can to find what's causing it from taking it to Mitsu, jacking it up and having somebody shut the door to make it rattle and I don't know what else to do. Has anybody else had this happen and found the problem?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, it seems to be getting louder and more frequent every day.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Can't help ya bro, but I know what you mean.

Random car noises, while sometimes endearing, are usually very annoying.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Have you taken the undertay and/or front bumper off then close the door/shake the car to see if you notice where it's coming from?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

do you have aftermarket exhaust??
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the same thing, except it sound like there something loost in the drivers door, i am going to take that whole thing appart and see what wrong with it soon.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:08 PM

Don't Know if this will help, but I had a loose metal part on the drivers side seat rail one time. It drove me crazy with a metallic clicking sound untill I found it. The wierdest thing was that sometimes it sounded like it was from the dash or footwell. I can't remember exactly what it was (not with car now so can't look), but it was a stamped peice of metal part of the seat rail assembly. I ended up wedging a little peice of wood against it to stop the rattle. Hope that helps.

Doug
Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doug davis
Don't Know if this will help, but I had a loose metal part on the drivers side seat rail one time. It drove me crazy with a metallic clicking sound untill I found it. The wierdest thing was that sometimes it sounded like it was from the dash or footwell. I can't remember exactly what it was (not with car now so can't look), but it was a stamped peice of metal part of the seat rail assembly. I ended up wedging a little peice of wood against it to stop the rattle. Hope that helps.

Doug

I might have to try this one out.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

is it a ticking after shutting the car off? i had the same thing and was told by ppl on the forums that it was the injectors.
it would only do it after driving the car and turning off the engine. do you hear it while driving as well? dunno if that was actually the real reason or not but the car was fine. just an annoying ticking.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

oh boy
Old Jul 26, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

it sounds to me like the glass tick that sounds like it comes from the upper corner of the dash. the plastic clips that hold the trim to the window are not padded so the plastic ticks on the glass. i assume wind could make it happen.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 04:01 PM

I also had a rattle that was driving me crazy. I thought it was the exhaust hitting something, but no matter how I refitted the exhaust, the sound never went away. I took out the back seat to run speaker wire for my sub and while my wife was helping route wire under the carpet, she discovered that the factory had left the fuel pump cover loose. All four screws were in the cover, but not tightened down. I screwed them in and haven't had a rattle since. That was a month ago. Pull the seat and check. It's easy and you can rule one more thing out. Oh, btw, the rattle sounded like it came from the passenger floor sometimes, and others it sounded like it was directly beneath the driver's floorboard or in the drivers door. Have fun
Old Jul 27, 2006, 07:27 AM

What Mods do you have?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Same here, does it sound like it's comming from the front right wheel? Passanger side? It's SO anoying.

I thought it was a rock stuck in my treads, but there isn't one... I have no idea what to do from here...
Old Aug 3, 2006, 02:31 PM

Noise on the bottom

This happened to me after 6 months getting the AMS TBE with HF cat. The organic portion of the Cat somehow came loose inside the housing and everytime the car was just idleing the guts of the cat was rattleing. It got me worried at first because i thought it was something inside the trans. Till i got under the car had the wife shake the muffler tip and i heard it.
You can even hear it rattle right after you turn off the car.

Good luck!
Old Aug 3, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

It is the solenoids behind the glovebox. that explains why it makes the noise with the "car off". I had it also. Take your glovebox out and drive around, you will hear it louder!

Quick Reply: My god, it's driving me insane!!!