Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is Evo a good car for a college student?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO, NO, NO AND NO!!!!!

in order to afford the car, you will be stressing yourself more than you can imagine even if your parents buy you the car. gas, tires, service, insurance are all expensive and it is not worth to stress yourself just for a car at this point. my best advice to you would be to buy a cheaper car that you can take to school without being scarrred that someone will scratch it and save the money. after you are done with school and have a solid job, you can buy the car and enjoy it without worrying about it. enjoy college with some money in your pocket
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I can do it then certainly everyone else can. I go to college full time and I work full time. I pay for my car and I pay for everything that has to do with it.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 10:42 PM
Account Disabled

i bought a 2006 mitsubishi lancer evo IX MR and I paid cash...Im starting college in January but Im making a move from Connecticut to California...Im probably gonna have to pay for college myself too, but ever since I bought my evo im paranoid that someone is gonna touch it, get fingerprints on it...or be jealous and wanna scratch it just to be an ****. so...I hope they have security in the parking lot of the college im going to
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

I'm a college student and drive an evo. and NO my parents don't pay for anything. I pay 100% of all my bills. so it is possible.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:13 PM

blonde, that's true man, there are too many college students want a Evo, so which car do u think it's best for college?
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDK
blonde, that's true man, there are too many college students want a Evo, so which car do u think it's best for college?
And what's wrong with that? I bought my Evo when I was a senior in High School, are you going to flame me for that.

It all depends on if you know how to manage money which 80% of people do not know how to that's why my company has 3 trillion in outstandings

Last edited by BBYBruno; Jul 24, 2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'm a college student and drive an evo. and NO my parents don't pay for anything. I pay 100% of all my bills. so it is possible.

+1 AND I STILL MOD IT!!! its to damn addictive. ive had a crazy car payment since i turned 18 so im actually very used to it.. If your wondering what i do for a living, i go to IUP full time, and 3/4 weekends per month i go home to work at TGI fridays to wait tables.. Ehh, its not the best paying job in the world.. As the economy goes up and down so do my wages... put it this way, i make enough almost in 1 weekend to make my payment..

As it goes for school, i take out alot of loans through pheaa and parent plus ect. soo i pay a little for school here and there but will pay the majority back when im finished with school...

There are actually 4 or 5 evos at IUP... In fact Mark from Slow Boy Racing (451 whp)is right off campus, but he just sold his.. (did i mention he attempted to steal/swap my IX headlights and tails from my car before i bought it at the delarship for his 8 )

Sooo if you dont mind not spending your alcohol/drug/sex money on something a little more fun, and just budget it your cash i say go for it..

I NEVER ONCE REGRET IT YET!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:15 AM

Peteypab2133, how much do u pay for insurance for half year?
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

i pay 2100...if you care :-p
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by EvoDK
Is Evo a good car for a college student? does anybody drive a evo to college? If you do, have anybody tried to do anything to your car?

Wayne
Word of advice from a Mortgage Banker...buy a House before a 30K car!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

guys,

nobody is saying that it can't be done. i have done it as well as many other members here. what i am saying is that sometimes people put themself under a fiinancial burdon for this car and it is not worth it. college should be fun and if you buy a car that leaves you with no money in your pocket, you will spend most of the day in your room to save some cash. if i had to do it all over again, i would have bought a used WRX and call it a day. the wrx is a fun car that you can buy for failry cheap now and it should hold you fine till you are done and get a job.

honestly, the last thing you want to ddo is to buy this car for 30k and than take student loan for school. you will be paying those loans for the next 10 years instead of using the 30k and cutting the loans.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blonde
guys,

nobody is saying that it can't be done. i have done it as well as many other members here. what i am saying is that sometimes people put themself under a fiinancial burdon for this car and it is not worth it. college should be fun and if you buy a car that leaves you with no money in your pocket, you will spend most of the day in your room to save some cash. if i had to do it all over again, i would have bought a used WRX and call it a day. the wrx is a fun car that you can buy for failry cheap now and it should hold you fine till you are done and get a job.

honestly, the last thing you want to ddo is to buy this car for 30k and than take student loan for school. you will be paying those loans for the next 10 years instead of using the 30k and cutting the loans.

yeah +1 to this. i had a swapped civic in college and i worried enough about that thing. if your parking situation was anything close to any other campus i've been to, it's a nightmare worrying about leaving it places.

FYI, my boss just paid off her student loans a few months ago......she is 36 this year. don't get in over your head. i left school with zero debt. then bought a house, then the evo.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Evo>beer money

Evo keeps you away from beer, and concentrate on hot chicks.

Beer makes that Fat chick you go to your new wife you dont want

Evo is a must i did it through college
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

if you have rich parents who pay for you. The cost of owning an evo is a lot.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
NO, NO, NO AND NO!!!!!

who says it had to be brand new. y not used. ? you can pick em up around 22-26k

Quick Reply: Is Evo a good car for a college student?