Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is Evo a good car for a college student?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another "Just wait until you graduate" vote. No point in working more than you need to while in college. You should take advantage of the educational and social opportunties while you are there, not waste time waiting tables to pay for a car sitting in the parking lot.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like other have said it is possible. I'm a junior in college and have an 03 that i got for 21k. However unless you have a good place to park it while at school you will be scared that someone is gonna mess with it. I have a nice garage so no one does but but i didn't last year and it sucked. But i dont pay for school (scholarship) so that makes it much easier. And you have to be good about modding because with the little money I do have it always wants to go into the car.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

No. not wise to have in college as it will get abused first of all.....routinely.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by f-dub
Another "You should take advantage of the educational and social opportunties while you are there, not waste time waiting tables to pay for a car sitting in the parking lot.
I would agree if u went somewhere that has no good roads to drive on. I am located 10 mins from 50+ miles of canyon roads...needless to say any evodriver's heaven.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff1121
I would agree if u went somewhere that has no good roads to drive on. I am located 10 mins from 50+ miles of canyon roads...needless to say any evodriver's heaven.
Yes, but the point is that those roads will still be there when he graduates. College is a once in a lifetime experience.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't have a problem with the Evo during college, but then again I'm used to Audi maintenance bills as well The Evo is an expensive car to maintain by asian car standards, but its not all that bad. Insurance can be a bear (I lucked out), however, especially if you are young enough to be in college.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man im in college, and i have an evo, my brother is in college and he has an STi, the only thing that happened to his car was someone once stole the STi badge off the trunk lol but other than that both of us have been fine, but than again i shattered my knee last winter so i get to park in the hadicap spaces hahahhha. anyway atleast youll have the best car at your college too! and for all you who try to say mommy and daddy play for this, nooo they dont actually, i get that alot though. go for the EVO!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

i am also in college with the evo...nothing makes me more happy than seeing my baby after a long boring chemistry lecture. I pay for everything myself too but I did save up a little before hand. It is an awesome car but one I would not recommend for college I have an old honda civic i drive to school when i have mutiple classes but on days when i have one class, i park it in front of my classroom.

Last edited by 4g63_24; Jul 25, 2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDK
Peteypab2133, how much do u pay for insurance for half year?

I am paying $960.00 for 6 months. its roughly $160 per month on a spin off of my parents insurance (Erie)

I wonder if my insurance wouldve been cheaper if i hadnt bought a 2006..
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
I get a kick out of high school and college kids who say they pay for everything themselves. Tuition, insurance, car insurance, medical insurance (which can make car insurance look like peanuts), car payments etc.
Im 21,
Is it wrong that i got to school full time and im still making between $1600-2400 per month(IM NOT BRAGGING , and its not much for people with real jobs, but i am just doing this while i go to school) sadly enough i still make that even just working the weekends during school time

And its one thing to pay for everything and i dont, for instance my own health insurance, im coverec under my father untill im no longer a full time student, and tuition, which i take loans out for because i choose to not to mention my father also puts his FAMILY CONTRIBUTION towards my school
(which is a must where i go to school, if or if not he wants to)

Soo before you knock on ones abilities to show they are responsible adults and can take actions into thier own hands please think about the situation... Not everyone has rich parents, and some kids DO work hard for thier EVOS!!!! Cheers
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:30 PM

hmmmm no way an evo will be the best car on my campus.... we got studnets that drive 911s and m5s to class... most people dont even know what an evo is on my campus.

I guess its pretty shameful in here if your parents paid for your evo... all the college guys in here always seem to make sure to state that they pay for the evo themsselves..
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
i am going to start college soon and my parents are buying me my evo as a christmas present as stated below my avatar. i find it stupid for people hating on people who are more fortunate than others and whose parents can afford to give them what they want. Some of us can atleast appreciate what we are given. as for student loans yeah they await me after college. and insurance i still haven;t figured out i might just help out working weekends or whatever to cover it like i currently do with my current lancer.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

I go to college full time but I NEVER drive my evo to school. As mentioned above, your car will eventually get hated on by some jealous idiot or dented in the parking lot by some airhead sorostitute. Maybe I'm too paranoid and **** retentive, but I always want to keep my car looking like it just rolled off the assembly line, flawless. My solution was to buy a beater and it has worked out great so far. Plus it keeps my mileage lower!
Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by EvoDK
Is Evo a good car for a college student? does anybody drive a evo to college? If you do, have anybody tried to do anything to your car?
personally this is a great car for a youngster to have; i know some kids that drive IX's to highschool (as in myself) the car is gorgeous and reliable you begin to hate long drives but its a good car personally for me, and if people hate shoot why not just drive them around to make em stop *****in' and also if your parents could try to put the car under a company so the insurace is lower
Old Jul 26, 2006, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by yooo autie
personally this is a great car for a youngster to have; i know some kids that drive IX's to highschool (as in myself) the car is gorgeous and reliable you begin to hate long drives but its a good car personally for me, and if people hate shoot why not just drive them around to make em stop *****in' and also if your parents could try to put the car under a company so the insurace is lower
and i also pay for my car im not supported by mommy or daddy besides the insurance

Quick Reply: Is Evo a good car for a college student?