Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How remove glove box???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How remove glove box???

Did a search - found the cabin air filter thread, it says "simply remove glove box." Searched on "remove glove box" - no matches.

I'm sure this really is simple, but I don't want to force it, and not sure how it's attached there. Anyone??
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Search 'how to take ECU out'
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by racerhead2
Search 'how to take ECU out'
Search engine removes "ECU" as being "too small a word," then sends individual searches on all the other words, not in context with each other.

thousands of useless results...

I think I see why so many people have to ask stuff here that should be searchable and findable easily - not user friendly search process. The FAQ page looked promising, then I got that "simply remove glove box" that was not further defined.

Hmmm....Maybe I'll have to look for ECU replacement on the FAQ page - good idea!
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
listen.. open ur glove box and you will see it's going to stop due to two stoppers, one on the left and one on the right..

You have to 'unhook' the right one by squeezing it out from where it hangs there to prevent the glovebox from opening..

As for the left one, it's another type of hook because it's kind of a removeable piece.. So you have to twist it and you will just feel it coming out of the glovebox and release it from locking from the left side..

To replace the glovebox: just squeeze the right hook back into lock.. and replace the left removeable piece by inserting it in its hole again as you close the glovebox..

Now, do i make sense here? And just curious, why do u wanna remove it?! ECU, Audio, AC filter..?

Wael
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Waz996
listen.. open ur glove box and you will see it's going to stop due to two stoppers, one on the left and one on the right..

You have to 'unhook' the right one by squeezing it out from where it hangs there to prevent the glovebox from opening..

As for the left one, it's another type of hook because it's kind of a removeable piece.. So you have to twist it and you will just feel it coming out of the glovebox and release it from locking from the left side..

To replace the glovebox: just squeeze the right hook back into lock.. and replace the left removeable piece by inserting it in its hole again as you close the glovebox..

Now, do i make sense here? And just curious, why do u wanna remove it?! ECU, Audio, AC filter..?

Wael
Thanks, found it just before reading your message. It was in the "how-tos" in the ECU thread...

Ecu removal

The Ecu location is behind the Glove Box. Remove your glove box. Take and open the glove box and pop out the left stopper pin. Slide the glove box to the left so the right stopper pin clears the lip. Rotate the glove box and remove. The ecu is the box mounted vertically towards the left.

I'm doing this because I think my NAV unit is behind there (couldn't be there when they put it in) and I need to hook up an XM Smart Antenna to it, also probably go ahead and replace cabin air filter.