Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

2006 EVO possible shop car info

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pengulns2001
how available are the 2006 mr's im seeing some posts claiming they are almost impossible to get how much am i looking at to order from a local dealer nj area anyone know?

Check out Brad Benson Mitsubishi here in NJ. I was there on his lot and had a few new MR's.....the one GG MR i saw went for 41k....eek......but i think he has the largest inventory/can order the most in NJ....
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Once you get settled in at KTR invite us all for a dyno day so you can learn all about Evo's or Scoobies also
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:46 AM

Hey penguins2001, have you thought about getting a DMS 50mm tarmac ? if your are looking for something PROPER you will be blow away by their sensitivity to changes.

Also, considering an EcuTeK training ?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

whatever u do, do not goto brad benson. They have to be the worst dealership I have ever delt with when I bought my used 04 from them
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that will be replaced immediatly anyway, so would the trans with a dog box so im not worried about that, what about the mivec? i havent been able to find a factory manual. how are the piston to valve clearences? something to worry about? i havent been able to find this info and dont have a manual yet like i said. just trying to get a head start. since it will be controlled with an M800 is there anything to worry about compatability wise? im not using the plug and play.

how is the drivetrain? drive shaft, t-case, diff's etc??? in the mean time ill be searching lol
Good luck with your new project. Nice choice in ecus as well. If you need any help with it or if you have any questions about it, contact Jay at Mynes Performance. He installed and tunes mine and he also has an M880 in one of their shop Evos.

I would also recommend DMS, Moton or the Ohlins for your suspension.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:43 AM

ive used the M800 a few times in the past so hopefully i wont have any problems its pretty strait forward. im leaning towards the ohlins group N only becasue i know how good of a shock ohlins makes and have had great results with their customer service in the past although it looks like there are a ton of options out there for qualitly setups. i would like to do the occasional rally along with normal autocrossing and road courses so i need a really versitile shock

i think i may be getting ecutek training at KTR though i find it hard to believe it would take more than a day to learn myself all ecu's do the same thing they just hide the functions in different menus lol... some can just do a little more than others after you learn a couple it doesnt take long to learn the next one
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

So basically you have no idea what you are looking for?
-mark
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

penguins2001... how old are you?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Man, if I could find a computer that does everything, I would not have to work either!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:54 AM

actually i know exactly what im looking for... im 20... suprised?... the main reason i posted wasnt to be told what shock to use, i can see my option but i have never run one of these shocks (obviously) i dont want to buy a shock and THEN hear about a story from someone who bought ohlins group N shocks, took them to a rally and folded two front shocks in half the first time they got in the air. id rather hear those stories now (obviously this has never happened and never will) but just as an extreme example

Last edited by pengulns2001; Aug 15, 2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 08:56 AM

im confused about the computer comment seeing as i dont even own one yet
Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

actually i know exactly what im looking for... im 20... suprised?... the main reason i posted wasnt to be told what shock to use, i can see my option but i have never run one of these shocks (obviously) i dont want to buy a shock and THEN hear about a story from someone who bought ohlins group N shocks, took them to a rally and folded two front shocks in half the first time they got in the air. id rather hear those stories now (obviously this has never happened and never will) but just as an extreme example
i believe what mark was getting at is this... you can't have a one size fits all suspension... look at what your goals are (realistically) and then choose what is in your budget in regards to demands... that said, i don't think a $9,000 group N suspension is going to meet your tarmac, gravel, ice, commuting needs the same... street cars are the great exception, while it's cool and great at the track to have the fancy crap, it's not always in your best interest... for most people, DMS 40s, 50s or ohlins are more than what they will ever use... it's just a matter of looking at your options and what your real needs are within a giving budget,

all that said, posts that state, "hey i'm getting this job and the shop is all mine afterhours to do what ever i please..." is hardly the way to handle yourself in a proffesional manner, regardless of your age (even though comments like that show your immaturity and lack of professionalism)...

i wish you luck with your project... evos are great cars...

-franz
Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

how available are the 2006 mr's im seeing some posts claiming they are almost impossible to get how much am i looking at to order from a local dealer nj area anyone know?
It might depend on where you live but they're not that hard to get. I think people are just trying to drum up sales.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 05:25 PM

im not concerned at all with my commute or the cars streetability, i think ice/snow is the least important as far as suspension goes, when tractions that low and the grounds that soft its mostly tires if not all tires. tarmac and gravel are obviously very different as far as how the car needs to be... damped so im looking for something with a wide range of adjustability there, obviously spring rates are easy to change.

i never meant my post to come accross like that i was simply stating my situation. ive always had good resources at my disposal so i guess im lucky in that regard, i wasnt trying to flaunt it or come accross as immature.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

suspension has no affect on traction on ice

Hmmm, it's all low speed dude. Any suspension and chasis guru will tell you this. If shocks and spring setups were not important on snow and ice, everyone would run full tarmac setups on the ice because it is not that important ....

Best of luck at your new post, say Hi to scott and the guys for me.
-mark