Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Anybody here buy an Evo not knowing what it was?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure it has happened. I walked in with some idea, but was amazed after I drove it. I had an 02 mustang gt. I read about the Evo in Sport Compact Cars 8 great rides under 30k. Then I saw one and just had to get one. I did a little research online to find out a little more about it. It has exceded my expectations.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

I knew very little about it until I read a feature in Road & Track in '02 regarding great handling cars--this was before Mitsu began selling Evos here. In that article an Evo V// placed 4th or 5th (ahead of: M3, Z06, Boxster...). Subsequently, a couple of weeks later my wife read in another mag that Mitsu was considering exporting the Evo to America, she showed me the picture and said, 'Here's our next car."
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
we didnt even test drive my evo..and when my bro was getting his car he seen the sti in subaru's parking lot and thought it looked cool and a week later he got it..haha
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by MeKilla
the name of the moviie you are thinking of is 2fast 2furious. i bought my evo the day after i saw this movie as well. we should get together sometime and street race. my blow off valve is on its way and i just got my nitrous kit installed!

Both those posts are funny as hell!!!!!
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Obi Juan
I bought it after i saw this movie about street racing... i forget the movies name but it was pretty cool. I just ordered my neon lights and decals for my car they should be ariving next week.

Sorry, meant this^^ one too!!
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

im sure thers a couple "fortunate" kids on here that had their parents buy them evos without any previous knowledge
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

i think it has happened i bet its even someone who has posted on this thread already
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
Admin Alumni

C'mon....say it isn't so.....kids getting a car they know nothing about and have no idea how to handle....that probably explains all the 'wrecked' threads around here.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
^

Im sure somone has. The thing is they would'nt be on this site. There's an older lady in my town w/ a IX MR that never even looks up when we pass on the road. I wave every time though .
If its the older woman that im thinking of, she could out drive 99% of the punks on this board

as far as some random person buying an evo not knowing anything about it; im sure it has happened... Can you really blame them? Its a pretty bad *** looking car.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

on here, i say NO. wouldn't be in this forum not knowing aything about the car. and if there was someone who missed the movie, missed the commercials, don't play video games, and never picked a car magazine, they wouldn't be walking into a mitsu with 30k in hand looking for a performance machine.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
knew everything about the car before i bought it. I had to let the dealer know about all the specs and exactly what a evo was. I walked in and i told him im looking to buy an evo..... he then asked " 2 or 4 door" i chuckled with a reply "4door" thinkin he maybe made an honest mistake he then asked "auto or manual" i broke out laughing and asked "have you ever even seen or know what an evolution is", he said "well no not really" so lets just say i sold it to myself cause it damm sure wasnt the salesperson. i then walked him outside and showed him my evo and explained every detail to him. lets just say his boss wasnt too happy........i even got a 5,550 dealer incentive due to some misprint on the sales brochure in the paper............LOL
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

haha the guys at the dealership didnt explain anything to me because they said i knew more about the car than they did
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

oh and dsmorbust & scott yo, i am one of the fortunate spoiled kids that got an evo but i try my best to be good to it so yea heres one of the people like you said
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
^

Im sure somone has. The thing is they would'nt be on this site. There's an older lady in my town w/ a IX MR that never even looks up when we pass on the road. I wave every time though .

i saw a lady in her 40's stop next to me at a red light with a Rally Red Evo... she had the music blasting and her 2 kids in the back jummping up and down on the seats... i asked her how did she like the car... she said: "this is the best car in the world" and her kids were like " yeah mom...go, go, go ..." LOL
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

I've often wondered about this myself. I personally knew quite a bit about this car before I bought it. I'm sure that there are at least a few people who have gone to the dealership and impulse-bought an Evo after seeing it for the first time on the showroom floor.