Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Anybody here buy an Evo not knowing what it was?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I definitely knew what I was getting into, I wanted an Evo way before they came to the states. I was driving and Eclipse GSX at the time and loved the 4G63. I couldn't wait to get into one There are some out there that don't understand, like the lady I see driving a white VIII like mine with baby shades in the back window. Or the 45 year old fat lady that traded hers in at the dealership I work for If somebody goes into a Mitsu dealership not knowing what it is, drives it and doesn't really "drive" it, I'm sure they'd be wondering why they would buying such a crappy sedan relative to what else is out there for $30k+
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

i bought my evo because the wing...i looked around the whole lot and said "wow that is a big wing i will take it" and i had it shipped to my house. it has sat there everday since. my 03 evo has 12 miles on it. i love buying cars just for the hell of it...

no but seriously someone said "who would drop 30k on a car without knowing what it is" look at all the mercedes owners...my roomate is a mechanic for mercedes and he has people who bring in there car that they have had for 3 years and didnt know they had a battery in the trunk or they didnt know they had GPS... and they spend 60 to 100k. it happens but they probably wouldnt be on this site
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution_racer
I definitely knew what I was getting into, I wanted an Evo way before they came to the states. I was driving and Eclipse GSX at the time and loved the 4G63. I couldn't wait to get into one There are some out there that don't understand, like the lady I see driving a white VIII like mine with baby shades in the back window. Or the 45 year old fat lady that traded hers in at the dealership I work for If somebody goes into a Mitsu dealership not knowing what it is, drives it and doesn't really "drive" it, I'm sure they'd be wondering why they would buying such a crappy sedan relative to what else is out there for $30k+

same as me...i parted with my 90 talon Tsi to own the dream called the LanEvo
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

I had no idea that mitsubishi even made vehicles. I thought they were an electronics company! I was looking for an all wheel drive vehicle with four doors so I could get groceries, pick up chicks, write in the snow, and such. And Santa delivered this to my door! I am so thankfull I got what I needed this year! LOL.

Before the movie Who Am I, I knew this was going to be a fun toy. And all of you know the same thing. Or, you would have bought a Pinto and crammed a crate motor in it.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't know what was changed on the EVO 9 when I bought mine, though I did know a fair bit about the 8.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure it's happend before. It's just not the rich parents driving it, it's the spoiled little brat who then makes their parents realize what they bought through the insurance company.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
my dad prefers driving the evo haha and he didnt care what insurance was
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MeKilla
the name of the moviie you are thinking of is 2fast 2furious. i bought my evo the day after i saw this movie as well. we should get together sometime and street race. my blow off valve is on its way and i just got my nitrous kit installed!
I heard you got enough NOS in there to blow yourself up, period. Just make sure you don't blow the welds off the intake or the mad scientist will have to rebuild your motor.

I know a dude with an S2000 that'll race you for slips. He PWN3D my boy Jesse last week and took his VW Jetta. He's pretty upset because S.W.A.T. came into his house and disrespected his whole family.....
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by MeKilla
the name of the moviie you are thinking of is 2fast 2furious. i bought my evo the day after i saw this movie as well. we should get together sometime and street race. my blow off valve is on its way and i just got my nitrous kit installed!
lol +1
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
haha +1
Old Aug 27, 2006, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Mine is just a 4 door 4 cylinder family car.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

I bought an injen intake ..im going to throw in a skyline JDM bOV and I think some flaming decls would like be cool dude..im 14 years old...I want evo .. oMg PaUl waLkEr SiGnEd my f&f and 2f2f pOstrR!1!11OWnedd!!11 Im better thaN yOu allzzz biaTcheSSSSSS CoMe GeT sUMMMMMM

-typical-
Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

well... yeah im sure people have bought an evo without knowing what it was but they just wouldn't be on a CAR ENTHUSIAST website...

there's a guy in his 50's who I saw getting into his evo as I drove past... he saw me but didnt do anything. guess he doesn't realize we all gotta stick together
Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I walked into the Mitshubishi place, and thought it was a place where they would repair my "rascal" motorized wheelchair, and the next thing I know, I was driving home one of these "big winged" cars!! they told me the higher wing is to hold on to my walker while I am still able to open the trunk. I had NO IDEA what I bought, and to think...I was the only one.

this post is:
Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Well........i was on my way to get a Boxter. Ime 42 and wanted a mid life crisis car. A friend at work threw me a magazine and said THIS car would whip A$$ on your Boxter. I said BS. So i did some research. After reading several R & T articles, i went and looked. No styling, but it ran good and cornered like a dream. 20 minutes later drove it away. After a week, i was bored. It didnt run as good as i wanted. That was because i had a faulty boost solenoid. from 12 psi to 20 woke it right up. Problem is, this freaking thing cost WAY more than the boxter.........rims........turbo kit........bling..........so now i got 50K in it.......BUT IT KICKS A$$ ON MOST ANYTHING!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA pulled into Dairy Queen last week........heard this kids say.......FU#% That old man is driving an EVO.......funny as hell........