Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Anybody here buy an Evo not knowing what it was?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a car salesman for 12 years and never needed a car due to being able to get a free new car demo. A friend asked if I had driven a Evo, I said no. We went together to a mitsu dealer to drive one and without any plan ended up driving home with one of my own. Now 3years later I am on my second one!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I walked into the Mitsu dealership and said "Sirs, I'll take one perfectly undriven specimen of whichever is your finest automobile!"

Anyway, they gave me an Outlander but I traded it right back in for the Evo...
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:02 AM

One day when I was furious, I decided I needed something fast, so I bought an Evo. It was So Fast, I became more Furious too, and threw a bunch a paint at my Evo. Rarrrrrrrrr it's the coffee
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
If I were a billionaire I wouldn't own either, an STi/STI or an Evolution.
I would. I'd have one car representing every style. Drag, Muscle, Road Race, Rally, Luxo, SuperSedan, Exotic, etc....
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MeKilla
the name of the moviie you are thinking of is 2fast 2furious. i bought my evo the day after i saw this movie as well. we should get together sometime and street race. my blow off valve is on its way and i just got my nitrous kit installed!
Yeah me too.....except I cant get mine to go as fast in reverse on the highway? plus the last time I was staring at my gf instead of watching the road I hit a guardrail, i dont get it?....how does paul walker do that! argh i cant believe i wasted 30k and I cant do anything that the evo is supposed to do according to f&f....

Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

I know I always make habit of going to a dealership wiht a big wad of cash and but whatever car I think looks neat.... I just pay the sticker price and walk away......
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had no idea of the power it made from the factory. I also didn't know of the actual following to these cars. Now owning it for barely 2 years I am still in shock of the "cult following" of this car.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:54 PM
kip

Know the evo for a long time, love it but never sit in one. I thought it was always the evo VIII -- the whole model line. I didn't know mine was IX until reading this board. Now my mod disease is getting worse, thanks to this board! Can't wait to get the full race header and dyno tune, ... trying to pace myself in the mod path. This is such a fun car
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

I knew exactly what I was getting into. Waited 3 years since its introduction to US. Finally, I got one 2 weeks ago. I couldn't be happier!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

I bought an EVO not knowing what it was. I also married a mail-order bride, signed up for 8 years in the Army because the recruiting poster looked really cool, and any minute now I should be getting that $1 million dollar check that Publisher's Clearinghouse promised me.

Ain't life grand?

Last edited by Richard EVO; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Before I got my evo I done alot of research and found the IX was one of the best of best Evo to ever make it to US soil. I always know about the legendary of the Evo in Japan long before it make its way here.

Anyway here's how my buddy came to buy his evo. Its funny how my buddy always see me driving my evo but never really know what the car was..... well after FAST and FURIOUS Tokyo Drift came out and the next fellowing week he went and picked up an red EVO IX. He ask me if I ever drift my EVO and I told him NO!! I told him EVO can not drift so easily without converting to rear wheel drive then he begin to tell me he drift his EVO a couple time before. I just smile and said, you know the red evo in Fast and Furious was converted to rear drive only so it can drift like that.
He ask me how fast does the evo run in 1/4 miles, I told him I seen it runs high 12 to mid13s. He then told me a time when a friend with a stock 350Z try to race him and him back out because the 350Z is faster than his evo. He say he thought evo runs 14-15s on the 1/4 mile. God!!! I wanted to say to him "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CAR YOU DRIVING, DO YOU". But I did not because I want to be nice him.

That was just the begining of all worst thing to come the following week he equip his EVO with some undercar neon lights from Bestbuy and I just dont know what else to said to him but I told him its his car so do what he like.
Last time I heard from him he say he was getting an Extreme bodykit from andy'sautosport.com.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's just a fad. I think it's called rally racing or somthing... I think you just drive through the woods fast! Anyway, thats what the kid at the dealership said when I asked about the spoiler. I needed AWD to track migratory birds (birdwatching is my hobby) and I hate SUVs so, this is what I ended up with!