Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Anybody here buy an Evo not knowing what it was?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody here buy an Evo not knowing what it was?

Does anybody really do that? Just walk into a Mitsubishi dealership and buy an Evo just because they needed a new car or they thought it looked cool? And then later surprised by all the power, etc.?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I really hope this is a joke
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:21 PM

I bought it after i saw this movie about street racing... i forget the movies name but it was pretty cool. I just ordered my neon lights and decals for my car they should be ariving next week.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kreionic
I really hope this is a joke
Right? Who the hell would just walk into a dealership and drop $30k on "just some car"?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think many people drop $30k without knowing what their buying.

EDIT: /\ sorry, you must have posted while I was typing.

Last edited by onefast4dr; Aug 18, 2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
^

Im sure somone has. The thing is they would'nt be on this site. There's an older lady in my town w/ a IX MR that never even looks up when we pass on the road. I wave every time though .
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony_b
Right? Who the hell would just walk into a dealership and drop $30k on "just some car"?
Read some of the posts on this site every day and think about this question again. I doubt a good 50% realize what they are getting themselves into. I cant even count the "I have no money for tires" or "my clutch is gone, what do I do" threads. Do they realize they are buying an Evo, yes. Do they understand the car requires a more dedicated owner and a larger wallet to afford it, no.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

the name of the moviie you are thinking of is 2fast 2furious. i bought my evo the day after i saw this movie as well. we should get together sometime and street race. my blow off valve is on its way and i just got my nitrous kit installed!

Originally Posted by Obi Juan
I bought it after i saw this movie about street racing... i forget the movies name but it was pretty cool. I just ordered my neon lights and decals for my car they should be ariving next week.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

i figured out a way to get a folgers can and a pack of rubber bands to both look and sound awesome. PM me for details
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

I bought my EVO because I knew it was quick and liked the way it looked, but I didn't realize the full potential until after I bought it, joined this forum, and started modding it.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I bought mine to drift
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
I guess I didn't know what I getting myself into when I got my Evo but I must definitely knew what it was, Hell on Wheels!!!! Seen the Evo in person back in 1997 when stationed in Japan...Evo V. From then on I started learning more about them and how there were 4 previous ones. I got to see the 6 before my tour was up and I had made up my mind by then that I will own an Evo even if I have to sell a kidney...

Now I just have to sell a kidney for parts and not the car (the part that I didn't know I was getting myself into - I need mo power!!!!).
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:52 PM

I sort of did in March 2003. I dropped in at a shop in front of the Mitsu dealer and thought of walking across to see what they had in store as I but happened to read an article of this new souped up Lancer soon to be imported to USA.

I was planning on getting a M3 or G35 coupe at the time but walked out with the Evo instead. Actually I did not walk out but had to wait 2 weeks so that they could locate a balck one for me.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Well I must say I surely knew what I was getting into...... I had the rush of having a previous boosted car...fully built integra GSR. FWD SUCKS under boost!
However, AWD, 271 stock hp, and so much potential power mods it's just sick! I love my car. However, the cost to maintain such a hobbie or way of life sometimes is tough since I don't make 80k a year.

The evo is a mean looking beast IMO. I used to love lining up next to evos and STIs before I bought my 8 just to see how well my integra would do against one.

Saturday morning I get my custom tune so hopefully I will see a low 12 pass at the track tomorrow night.

Last edited by boostingevo8; Aug 18, 2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I knew what I was getting into. I drove one back in 03 after seeing one when me and my girlfriend were walking in to see a movie at a theater. I was like WTF is that , and then I seen the emblem and the next day I went a dealer and took it for a spin and was like this has to be the coolest car ever. All I really remembered was the steering.... A week later I bought an R32 and about 3 months after getting the VW was like... Damnit, should've bought the Evo.. Well 2/ 12 years later I did, after not driving one in a few years, I realized how much fun it was almost 3 years ago