Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Recommendation...install flashed ecu first then mods or vice versa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendation...install flashed ecu first then mods or vice versa

Just needed a recommendation on which to install first. The tbe+drop-in filter then the mail-in flashed ecu or vice versa. Won't hurt which ever way will it?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

as a fellow newbie i'd say you will see a bigger performance increase with the flashed ecu first...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no you guys are both retarded and dont deserve evos, the poit of flashing your ecu is so that it works better with your mods so put on your boltons first then get the flash
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
no you guys are both retarded and dont deserve evos, the poit of flashing your ecu is so that it works better with your mods so put on your boltons first then get the flash
lol...i mean if you want to call us retarded at least spell correctly so you could sound far more superior to us
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

i didnt see anyone spell retarded wrong...

and to answer the question.. do the mods, then flash
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

ok if you really want me to point out the mistake i guess i can...
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:46 PM

Thanks for the tip, but what I really meant was in which order do you do first if both the mods and flashed ecu were at your finger tips and waiting to be install. Put the ecu back on first then swap out the tbe+filter OR swap out the tbe+filter then hook up the ecu?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evod810
Thanks for the tip, but what I really meant was in which order do you do first if both the mods and flashed ecu were at your finger tips and waiting to be install. Put the ecu back on first then swap out the tbe+filter OR swap out the tbe+filter then hook up the ecu?
i'm a n00b to acronyms...but is tbe = turbo back exhaust?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

so you're saying the ecu is already flashed? if so, did you tell the person/vendor that flashed them what mods you had?.. it doesnt matter what you put in first. just shed some light for me.

what you should have done(if you did, then disregard).. buy the intake/exhaust/whatever.. mail out your ecu (telling the person you have an intake/exhaust/whatever) when you get the ecu back, it'll be tuned to those mods, simply plug the ecu back in and you're good to go
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golovko
i'm a n00b to acronyms...but is tbe = turbo back exhaust?
yes
Old Aug 23, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you have both of these things in hand already and you want to know in what order to install them or are you just thinking of doing them later.You have to know what mods you want before you can get a flash,so common sense would tell you to install the bolt-on's first then send your ECU to be flashed for the mods that you have.Dont sweat it everybody in this forum was a newbie at one time,im one to.

Last edited by ak47po; Aug 23, 2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 07:39 PM

ak47po- Actually...I do have the tbe+filter on hand (dp+tp just came in today), but the ecu was just sent out today to be flashed with just the above mods. From yours and the other feedbacks, I think I got it piece together. Swap out the tbe+filter while waiting for the ecu to return...then once ecu arrives, hook up ecu and everything else in that order. Thanks everyone.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 08:59 PM

Just throw everything on plastic at once and be done with it!
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Who are you to establish who deserves evos? Also, this newbie thing is dumb.. just because your new to the forum it doesn't mean you've been around for a while. All this states is your low post count but what ever. You can go ahead and flash a stock ECU and gain something of it. Is all really up to you and your pocket. If your looking for some more power, this would be the best bang for the buck. You can spend 800 dollars on a great exhaust and net some gains but for under that you can get a flash and net way more than what you would with just the exhaust.

Now obiously if your Mr. Deep Pockets, then you should go ahead and do some big mods first then get your tune..