Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Got a ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An argue with that cop is pointless, he was not respectful to me in anyway. On top of that he didnt even try to pull over the guys just because i was his easy target he took me instead.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EiEVO
also.. i used to live there... And mark my words: Used to.
how's cops in the midwest? any better than here in cali?
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

^oh yeah, that always happens....hey at least get his smile off his face in court
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:54 PM
Admin Alumni

Sounds to me you did the right thing by keeping your cool. It's ok to question the what/why of the ticket you are about to get, but never wise to outright argue. Although I do not know much about the vehicle codes out in Cali, you are def on the hook for 5200VC, the others you may be able to get out of with either a well researched position at your court appearance or a good lawyer. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Tien

A couple of things;

1. This was bound to happen
a. You driving an Evo; young asian (and actually you look younger than 16)

b. The problems with street racing here in San Diego

2. Whoever that girl was (marry her) she was giving you good advice. She may have saved your life.

You can beat this, get a lawyer and go from there. They don't call this the "sue me" state for nothing. You maybe able to jack this guy on a "profiling" type approach. Who knows, but things like this are what lawers are for.

ltr

m~
Old Sep 2, 2006, 03:30 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by macster
Tien

A couple of things;

1. This was bound to happen
a. You driving an Evo; young asian (and actually you look younger than 16)

b. The problems with street racing here in San Diego

2. Whoever that girl was (marry her) she was giving you good advice. She may have saved your life.

You can beat this, get a lawyer and go from there. They don't call this the "sue me" state for nothing. You maybe able to jack this guy on a "profiling" type approach. Who knows, but things like this are what lawers are for.

ltr

m~

+1. I didn't want to bring up the whole 'you're driving an Evo' thing, but sadly it's true. These cars attract way too much attention, and the stupid things some people do with them just give the rest of us good guys a bad name. And i second point #2.....marry her!!! She seemed like she kept her cool and helped you to keep yours.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Im puzzled as to how and why these threads keep poppin up. But its understandable because most of the time, its some kid posting. If you dont wanna get pulled over, stay away from driving groups with hondas. And slow down. Drive civilized on the streets. These youngins continue to be pulled over and then claim they didnt do anything wrong. They continue to wrap these cars around poles and then get all humble on here saying "I know it was stupid and I wouldnt do it again or i didnt realize the street was so slick............" According to MSN, the Evo has the highest insurance premium in the country. Its not because of us older civilized farts, its because of the younger community who really should not be driving these cars.

Back on topic. Get a lawyer because in Cali, they are going to try to bury you. And all this talk about marrying the girl is lude. Just keep her around when you drive because she saved you from getting a knee or two in the back and a facefull as asphault. Good Luck and Drive Safe!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigfishs
16 year old driving evo = trouble waiting to happen.

Good luck with the ticket, your best bet is to get a lawyer for your first ticket, then you can go to court and see how fighting it done.

It will probably be the first ticket of many, partly because cops love to pull over young kids driving fast cars. Goodluck
come on man, i got my evo when i was 16, payed for as much of it as i could 6k i pay for all the maintence and tires etc (just spent 700 on new tires) and knock on wood no tickets or wrecks i really think more wrecked evos are caused by adults than kids under 20...

as far as the tickets, you should have stated your case to the cop when he pulled you over, you have a right to speak your mind to him and if he sees that you will most likely take it to court and win, then i doubt he would bother wasting his time with tickets....

Last edited by 3volution8; Sep 2, 2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

NoTec,

I didnt claim i did anything wrong, i didnt disobey any speed limit, nor race, i know right that i didnt do anything wrong. I worry about the safely of other too when i drive, if i really wanted to race i can alway go to qualcomm where i can not worry about the safetly of other beside myself. I know i am young but you cant just call me a kid because i am 16, there are people who acts older than who you they are. Just because there are other teenagers that drives wreckless doesnt mean i am part of them, and i didnt know there that you have to be a certain age to drive a evo, thats if your referring that 1st paragraph to me, i am sorry if i bash on you or anything i really dont intend to.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Only thing that i do wrong and admit guilty for is for not having a front license plate.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Cali has some stupid laws thats for sure, Just get a lawyer and you will probably get everything dropped.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

he's a cop...bottom of the human food chain....argue until your blue in the face.

i got a ticket once (in my RSX-S) because a cop coming over a hill saw me turn right at a stop sign but since he wasn't over the crest of the hill yet when i stopped he didn't get to see me stop so he assumed that i ran the stop sign and pulled me over...i argued forever, still got the ticket, *****ed at him for it then got it dropped in court.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

I have been in a situation like this before, but the outcome was a little different.
Here's how it went,.... A couple of my friends and I decide to go for a cruise and we start playing around by speeding and see whos not afraid of the law. I guess you can say we were racing since we're speeding over 60 plus on a 30 mph zone. Then out of nowhere I see the lights flashing behind me, I thought to myself what the f&*k was I doing, now I have to pay the speeding ticket for dumb mistakes. I did not stop or slow down cus my friends was just infront of my car, instead I smash the pedal and flew pass all my friends and to my suprise the cop did not chase me, instead he pulled over the slowest guy who was the last of the group. We'er all scattered and went home. Later I got a call from the friend who got pulled over he say he got an ticket for speed.

So if you guys ever got into a similar situation, DO NOT STOP, KEEP ON GOING. Cop can only pull one car over. The closest car is the easiest target, If you stop your going to get it.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WICKed'N'EVO
I have been in a situation like this before, but the outcome was a little different.
Here's how it went,.... A couple of my friends and I decide to go for a cruise and we start playing around by speeding and see whos not afraid of the law. I guess you can say we were racing since we're speeding over 60 plus on a 30 mph zone. Then out of nowhere I see the lights flashing behind me, I thought to myself what the f&*k was I doing, now I have to pay the speeding ticket for dumb mistakes. I did not stop or slow down cus my friends was just infront of my car, instead I smash the pedal and flew pass all my friends and to my suprise the cop did not chase me, instead he pulled over the slowest guy who was the last of the group. We'er all scattered and went home. Later I got a call from the friend who got pulled over he say he got an ticket for speed.

So if you guys ever got into a similar situation, DO NOT STOP, KEEP ON GOING. Cop can only pull one car over. The closest car is the easiest target, If you stop your going to get it.
well that is true in a way, but if the cop calls in his partner or any other cop, then your kinda screwed. so i guess, stay in the middle of your group
Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Jersey cops are a-holes for fact!

Quick Reply: Got a ticket.