Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

trade 06 STI for 06 MR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:28 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO IT MR's are way ncie.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RobDogg
Damn trade it in man, Nothing felt better then Waving good bye to My MR, and driving away in My Gsr! . I had good reason too, I Ruined the suspension on the MR by lowering the car and fought like hell to add more to the suspension to balance out the car and it was hopeless . I suggest you drive an MR before you decide on getting one , seriously every complaint I had about my MR were non existent on the GSR
To this day, I have yet to see substance to why the way the MR came from the factory could cause you so much grief. Believe me.. I'm all ears.

He should drive whatever car he's gonna buy for sure though. I'll agree with you there.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Trade dat ***** in.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:10 PM
Account Disabled

Well, besides running it into the ground.(bestfriend died so I drove it hard for a few months)
I seriously was learning to shift for 8 months straight, i don't know why the clutch feel was so different then the GSR. I don't know if other people experienced this, my MR clutch would have to go past a "hump" when depressing the pedal. Followed by mushiness on the way out , only to slip every time it had to pass the hump again at the top of the clutch travel. The car would kick and buck everytime i lifted off the throttle, possibly from
the walbro being installed without half the install kit(tweeker mechanic put it in). I had major problems with my suspension and other problems that were a result of lowering the Bilsteins with springs, the car would hit the bumpstops causing a scary rebound effect. I always wished i could start over because of how bad of a deal I got on the first one.

Thanks to Abis The owner of SouthCoast for helping me get out of my car and start over. He really didn't want to do the deal but, My friend is a personal friend of his and we worked out a deal were i got all my parts swapped over for free. I also, Had the pleasure of watching Abis lower their allready low price, to 27,xxx for my smooth, shift perfect everytime black IX
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:11 PM
Account Disabled

Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Thread officially hi-jacked! It's partly my fault...

Sounds like you had a bad MR to me. Plus the work to it didn't help. My clutch feels the same as the GSR I drove and it shifts fine. If you used springs made for a GSR to lower your MR then you would definitely run into problems. Anyhow, glad you are happy with the GSR.. and I would have gotten a black one too. Just keep the tweakers away from your car and you'll be fine!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

They were MR Springs, I know about the tweekers and the thread Jackin.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Don't be stupid, stay with the STI. Both cars are great and very equal in performance it's not worth the $5k loss. Hell tell him to be reasonable and if he wants to modify the car he can modify the STI with the $5k he saves and make the STI into a monster.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DanJ
Don't be stupid, stay with the STI. Both cars are great and very equal in performance it's not worth the $5k loss. Hell tell him to be reasonable and if he wants to modify the car he can modify the STI with the $5k he saves and make the STI into a monster.
I would eat 5k to get out of an STi. If I found myself in one.. I would pinch myself and hope to wake up. But that is just me. Good car.. not for me though.

Old Sep 7, 2006, 03:56 PM
Account Disabled

if hes just gonna do light mods he should just stick with the sti
Old Sep 7, 2006, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
tell him to stay with the sti...its not worth the money
Old Sep 8, 2006, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

It would be damn near retarded to trade-in a new car the same year that one bought it in.

Forget the implications of STIs and Evos. Your friend needs to think then rethink every single major purchase he will ever make in his life.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo/X
yea it will be well worth it.....a better investment indeeed. "last year the 05 evo had the highest resale value among all consumer cars in 05." plus..........the 06 STi FE looks like a mazda and everyone knows about mazdas

Source?

Top 10 Cars With the Best Residual Value
By Warren Clarke
Email

If you're looking to purchase a new car, you'll probably want one that won't lose too much of its value to depreciation. Well, potential buyers, take note: With resale value in mind, we've compiled this list of the 10 cars likely to depreciate the least during ownership. Included is the percentage of its original value that each vehicle is likely to retain after five years with an annual mileage of 15,000. Our residual value percentages are based on each car's national True Market Value (TMVฎ) price plus typical options and destination charge. Rankings and figures are updated monthly.

1. 2006 Honda S2000 — 51.7%

2. 2006 Mini Cooper — 51.5%

3. 2006 Acura TSX — 47.7%

4. 2006 BMW M3 — 47.6%

5. 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class — 47.0%

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG — 47.0%

7. 2006 Infiniti G35 — 46.9%

8. 2006 Acura RSX — 46.5%

9. 2006 Lexus SC 430 — 46.5%

10. 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI — 46.4%

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/...9/article.html

Top 10 Lists
See all Top 10 Lists

Top 10 Cars With the Best Residual Value for 2005

Want to buy a car that really holds its value? If resale value is important to you, these are the cars likely to depreciate the least during the ownership period. Below we show the percentage of its original value that each vehicle is likely to retain after five years with an annual mileage of 15,000. Keep in mind that the residual value percentages are based on the national True Market Valueฎ (TMV) price, plus typical options and destination charge.

1. Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class — 55.2%

2. Mini Cooper — 55%

3. Ford GT — 52%

4. Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG — 50%
Toyota Camry Solara

5. Lexus SC 430 — 49.8%

6. Lexus ES 330 — 48.8%

7. Chevrolet Corvette — 48.5%

8. Audi S4 — 48%

9. Nissan Altima — 47.6%

10. Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG — 47.5%

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/...9/article.html
Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

You say your concerned about his money so he must not be able to afford the 5k turn around. Everyone says take that 5k and put it into the sti but if he had that money he could swap cars, so I'd stick with the STI and mod it over time. Its not like he can't change the look of the sti alittle to better suit him.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:39 AM
avs

Why are you even asking for your friend? Let your friend join the board and post his concern. Tell him to keep the STi. I'm sure the STi has lots of potential but people haven't figure out how to make it fast.

Quick Reply: trade 06 STI for 06 MR?