Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

trade 06 STI for 06 MR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trade 06 STI for 06 MR?

Guys,
1st of all this is not a Evo vs STI thread. Got a friend who has an 06 STI and wants to trade it in for a MR. He knows that w/ just a flash, he can make more pwr than a Cobbs stage 1 STI, better handling, easy to mod blah blah. However, he will be about $5K upside down. Is it still worth it for him to get an MR? Mostly he'll be dd and light mods, nothing too heavy..
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:01 PM

yea it will be well worth it.....a better investment indeeed. "last year the 05 evo had the highest resale value among all consumer cars in 05." plus..........the 06 STi FE looks like a mazda and everyone knows about mazdas
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I dunno if it's worth being $5k down. An 06 STI is a fine car and with that "extra" $5k he can do some mean things to the car he has and be a step ahead IMO. Sure, I prefer the EVO over the STI but if I had either I'd stick with it for at least a year. Maybe wait for the X.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
5k upside down. Of course he should'nt. Thats F&%$ing rediculous. But hey its not my money and this is an Evolution site.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:17 PM

If its his first subaru tell him to stick with it. If he is like me and has already owned a bunch of subarus tell him that its about time to try something new and a IX is the only choice!
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:29 PM
Admin Alumni

$5K on the other side? Unless he really hates the car, why sell it for a loss like that? Surely he did all this research before he bought it???
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:34 PM

He did little research. Besides all the modding capabilities, he likes the look better than the STI. I'm trying to tell him to wait for the X and that its not worth the extra 5k. But......he wants other reasons..
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:36 PM

...it would be more then $5k upside down...you are talking the tax/lic he paid is a done deal and with a purchase of a new MR that would be extra dough that he would be out in the long run...

...IMHO it would be best to keep it for a year or so and see how things go...or if he really wanted to get an MR perhaps a used one would be better suited in his budget...

...but then again its his money and if he has it why not

Laters
Lewis

Last edited by JambaJuice; Sep 5, 2006 at 04:42 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
if he is gonna "lightly" mod the evo if he gets one then id say stay with the sti..but if he does go all out modding then the evo is the way to go
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:39 PM
Admin Alumni

Could you be more elusive?....... "But......he wants other reasons.." What is the story with this guy? Does he want new things all the time? Does he hate the car? Does he like dropping $5K more every time he wants the 'new' thing? C'mon, you know this guy, tell us what you think. Tough to gauge an opinion with not having the whole picture.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
tell him to stay with the STI. $5K is a lot of money, and STI is a sweet car as well
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

You can't go wrong with either car. If he is financially sound to go do it, I don't see why it's such a bad idea.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by SASD209
Could you be more elusive?....... "But......he wants other reasons.." What is the story with this guy? Does he want new things all the time? Does he hate the car? Does he like dropping $5K more every time he wants the 'new' thing? C'mon, you know this guy, tell us what you think. Tough to gauge an opinion with not having the whole picture.
Basically, I think he's bored. The fact that I have an 05 and another one of our friends has a 9GSR..he feels he made the wrong choice. He is a good friend and i"m just concerned over his $$. For those of u in the military, you know if you screw up with the bills, you basically flush your career away.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:13 PM
Account Disabled

I love my Evo but you're talking about basically switching from Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi for $5k+. Tell him not to give up on the STi. There are TONS of things available for the EJ25. For some reason the grass is always greener on the other side.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

keep the STi. if he just wants light mods then stick with the STi and lightly mod it. then save that extra 5k

Quick Reply: trade 06 STI for 06 MR?