Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

with all the talk about maintenance cost for the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the way I look at things ( If you want to play with the big boys you have to pay like the big boys..)
Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:40 AM

It's not so much that the maintenance costs more, its the cost of the parts that brings up the price.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:25 AM

it basically sounds like C&D flat out hates that car. I read the whole article and they were knocking everything about it.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:33 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lowlife
it basically sounds like C&D flat out hates that car. I read the whole article and they were knocking everything about it.
They hated the wing and the mods, that's for sure. Overall, their response to such a dedicated land rocket was more prudish than usual. The bulk of their objections revolved around the car's appearance (the wing again), the stiff suspension, and the high maintenance costs. Did I mention the wing?
Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:43 PM
Pocket Mo

Just get some Hawk HPS pads when you have to change your pads, many people that are coming to an evo already use some type of full syn motor oil so that's not really an issue. Get some high performance tires and sacrifice grip for longer use of tires. The Evo comes from the factory with so many high performance racing parts, it's not too hard to change things over to a high performance street car.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by tripperfx3
Was this service done by Mitsu, someone else, or yourself? Jus wondering cause im a little over 35k and i need to change my trans and diff fluid.
The person at the dealership that will be assigned to do this routine and simple work is going to be the least trained guy in the shop. Is that who you want working on your car.

Anyway, I did it at home on my garage floor.

It used to be that if you wanted the service manual you could expect to pay North of a $100. Now it is available on ebay for $10 or less or free if you have a fast connection and can download it. So, there is no reason for any Evo owner not to have the service manual.

The service manual tells how to do all this stuff and I find it fun. You do have to be willing to learn how to work safely around a vehicle that can fall on and kill you. But, if you are willing to buy a good jack and strong car stands you are all set. Plus this equipment will last for the rest of your life and be used many times.

The job itself is an easy afternoon's work. Plus, you save money.