Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a little chip in my side skirt around the same spot right below the door. 1800 miles but had the chip for the past 1000 miles had chips all over my 03 ly
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I have Rally Armor mud gards on my white Evo. No chips and they even keep brake dust off the skirts for the most part. Plus, they look good to me.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Touch it up and forget about it.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

you should see my front passenger side part of my side skirt. people just love dragging there feet when getting into my car.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ejcabrera
damn these are fast replies. just makes me think new things about mitsubishi and how cheap they are. now i think daewoo and kia could of painted my car better.
It's not Mitsubishi to blame. It's new automotive paint regulations designed to protect the environment. Japan has the most stringent laws with regard to paint compostion in order to reduce toxic waste. The US is probably 2nd. Ironically, you are probably correct that Daewoos and Kias have better paint on their cars since South Korea's paint standards are not as strict. European cars have traditionally had the least stringent rules and the best automotive paint, but that is due to change Jan 1, 2007 as new EU rules go into effect.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

I have a lexus and i get them all the time, i know it sux ballz but thats the way it is.. My windshield has 2 cracks already.. I got one big paint chip on my trunk doors, i have no idea how i got it, its as big as yours..
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

i have alot of issues with my 06 mr paint had many swirls and now a couple of chips. I even had scratches in my windsheild!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you honestly expect mitsubishi paint to be good?

what you should have said is the paint sucks for a 30k+ car. This type of paint job befits a 15k ****box.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Most japanese cars paint sucks, if you wanted good paint you should of went with a german car. Hell from day 1 there is a 2 foot overspray mark on my hood. I have to go back to mitsu and get it taken care of or maybe wetsand it down myself.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ejcabrera
okay so i own a 06 ww evo mr. i got this car back in march and only have about 2500 miles on it and what do you know first chip. and its a pretty noticable chip since its white and you can see the polyurethane sideskirt. its like they only put one coat of paint on it. the only way i would guess this happend is those advans they stick on the stock mr's shot a pebble against my sideskirt. does anybody know if this is covered on warranty or how to cover it up without having to repaint the sideskirt.

I got a rock chip at the exact same place as yours and at a similiar mileage as yours.

the paint does suck.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Am I the only person who has never had a problem with my Mitsu? My Evo is great. This is easily the best car I've ever owned. I had no problem with the paint (although I repainted the entire car when I got my body kit). I've had no problem with any other Mitsu components on the car, including the stock clutch and I'm at 30,000 miles. I don't regret my purchase at all.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:45 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by shbomb8188
you should see my front passenger side part of my side skirt. people just love dragging there feet when getting into my car.
haha mine too, Im also to blame I have a 1.5 inch gash on the skirt. That ruined my day and the curb rash on my front drivers ruined my day too.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
I have Rally Armor mud gards on my white Evo. No chips and they even keep brake dust off the skirts for the most part. Plus, they look good to me.

+1 on that. I am just waiting for lancershop to get the black logo rally armor mudflaps.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by PANGES
^^^ Do people really clear bra their sideskirts?
Yep, I've got them on my Evo. I recommend covering the entire sideskirt all the way to where it touches the door sill. Everyone who gets in my car bangs their shoes on the sideskirts. Some just leave rubber streaks, but my wife's high heels have already put a few gouges in the top of the side skirt where the clear bra doesn't reach on my car.

Clear bra may help stop the rock chips, but it needs regular washing and sealing to keep it looking good.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

dude evryone gets chips and scratches unless you dont drive at all!! A bently can get chips and scratches. Just the people can afford to get it fixed!

Quick Reply: paint sucks! look MR owners or anyone else who wants to